PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu and Databse give me error messages when trying to log in

InuYasha1
03-31-2009, 12:52 PM
EQItems and such gives me the following message> "MSQL Connection FAILED! - Check db.ini and did you install my ODBC drivers?
Yes, yes I did. I even took my laptop to a friends house from the community who had tried to help me as well, and we are both confuzzled.

EQEmu itself gives me a Timeout notice...May it be that the MYSql Essential x86 was supposed to be 5.0.67? I have 5.0.77 as I could not find .67. Any help would be very appreciated guys!

realityincarnate
03-31-2009, 02:05 PM
I was having similar problems for a couple of days and couldn't make any progress. I finally fixed my issues by going to GeorgeS' page and downloading and installing the MYODBC drivers from the link below the tools section. Hopefully this helps you out too.

InuYasha1
03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Tried it mate =\ Can retry again, but the guy I took y laptop too did the same thing. =\ Dunno, we'll get to the bottom of this somehow lol. Thanks though :)

InuYasha1
04-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Well Emu itself no longer gives me a timeout error, which I'm not sure what fixed that, as my laptop was off. /Shrug, either way, that makes me happy lol. Now GeorgeS EQItem editor and merchant editors etc still say DL the ODBC drivers. I have them already and unzipped, etc. =\

GeorgeS
04-04-2009, 03:29 PM
My guess the main reason for that error is the db.ini is either not filled in right causing a problem. I have a utility somewhere on my page that checks the connection. It's at the driver level so that may help troubleshoot.

Also, only the ODBC drivers from my site will work right - but you already have that.

GeorgeS

http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/test_connection.zip

Yeormom
05-13-2009, 11:57 PM
After looking at your test connection utility, it's pretty safe to say the tools cannot connect to MySQL servers not running on 3306. :(