PDA

View Full Version : HackersQuest 0.4.0 Alpha is out

madborg
02-05-2002, 08:17 PM
I just saw that HQ 0.4.0 alpha come out Feb 4. One set of changes include the command format. Looks like they are going for the grouping format such as item, spawn.

I would hope that the project here follow a similar format. Not only does it make the commands easier to group, but a prompting system could act as completion (like the IDEs do for programming languages).

For example no matter how many times I use the commands i can never remember if its:

searchitem - itemsearch
summonitem - itemsummon

Using the "item" format, it would always be:

item search
item summon
and item ? would give a list [search, summon, etc...]

same with spawn

spawn hp
spawn heading
spawn blah-blah

but a create spawn would have to be something like this:

spawn new ....

although the spawn and item examples I gave don't say which.
So if I want to change hps on spawn-1 and spawn-2, how do I reference them?

Probably as spawn <spawn-1-id> hp 20

I am too tired to actually dl the 0.4.0

Bunga
02-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Still no combat or spells?

Minuss
02-05-2002, 11:56 PM
Its a nice version including all spawns is a lot of zones i think (didn't tested all)
still no fights and spell :(
mobs are also not walking but they've their own textures...
some items are missing :(

Trumpcard
02-07-2002, 12:29 AM
Its looking really good.. Zordon is definately doing a great job with it.. Does he have anyone else helping him with it or is it a 1 man show? I still cant believe it's in a script language.. Ive heard alot of good things about Ruby though (alot like Python from what Ive looked over it).

They're going to run out of version labels pretty soon if they keep bumping it up by .1 everytime they release.. Soon were going to be seeing.. .9.9.4.1.1, .9.9.4.1.2..

hehe

Yodason
02-07-2002, 08:43 AM
their emu is nice. but main problem is it is not entirely open source. Other problem is that its such a mix of ruby and c++ that it is IMPOSSIBLE to modify the src =p