PDA

View Full Version : TaskMaster Tool Bug

trevius
04-27-2009, 07:27 AM
I am unsure if this should be posted in the tools section or the bugs section, but I guess this'll do for now.

I am also not completely sure if this is a real bug or not, but I can't figure out why it is happening otherwise. The issue is that no matter what I set my reward method to in the tool (or even in the task table itself), TaskMaster always reports the reward method 2, which is perl script reward method. I was unable to get the tool to save any other setting for the reward method, though editing the database manually worked ok.

Figured I would bring this up in case anyone else has seen this issue with the tool. Other than that, it is really great. I am finally starting to pick up and create more tasks and this tool makes them much quicker and easier to handle. Thanks again KLS :)

Zeice
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
When I was learning how to use the tool and create tasks a few months back I noticed this too. I was having some issues getting some rewards to work correctly because it would revert to perl. I haven't touched the program for awhile now but I do remember that issue.

KLS
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Mmm yes I see this

KLS
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Should be fixed.

trevius
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I will keep an eye out for any other issues, but that is the only one I had noticed so far. Thanks for the quick fix. I will be creating a large number of custom tasks for the new SoF content I am working on, so this will be really useful for me :D

Randymarsh9
04-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I posted something about that a long time ago. Good to know I don't have to edit them in the DB now though.

KLS
04-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I sometimes wont catch everything that goes on, I'll try to fix any bugs with this program when I can tho =p

It was my first shot at a tool and I think it came out okay and (mostly) bug free.

trevius
04-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Yeah, for a first tool, it is pretty awesome :D

Just tried the new version and the issue with reward methods looks to be fixed now. But, now there seems to be another issue. For some reason the lists of task names is invisible. I can still select the tasks by double clicking where they should be, but I can't actually see the numbers or names of them on the left side. I am using the binaries if that matters.

I just tried creating a new task with it and it worked and did show up on the left side. I then saved it and restarted TaskMaster and it wasn't showing up anymore.

KLS
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
It might be I need to rebuild wxwidgets for 9.0. I'll try building the program on 7.1 again (I really don't want to rebuild wxwidgets).

trevius
04-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Found another minor issue; For zone, you have it set to default to Unknown Zone. It seems that setting it to that causes the task to be unusable. The default zone should probably be set to "0", which would mean "Any Zone".

Not a huge deal, but probably not a bad idea to change it. Took me a couple mins to figure out why some tradeskill tasks I had made were working at one point and then stopped working when I thought I was setting them to be doable from any zone (which was actually from no zone).

Zeice
05-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Something I found is that when you create a new activity it is defaulting the first activity ID to 1, then it goes to 2, 3, 4, etc.

It was causing me issues because the task wouldn't load in game. Found out that the ID needs to start at 0, then 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. I changed it and it worked. I don't know if this was user error or if it's really bugging the tasks out. Anyone notice this?

trevius
05-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Mine always start at 0 when using the latest version. I haven't seen any issues with that.

Zeice
05-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Hmm that's weird, it's working now. It happened to me three times before that, oh well nevermind.

trevius
05-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Another minor thing I noticed that might not be much of an issue is that when creating a Proximity, for some reason "MaxX" defaults to "-1.#QNB". I am not sure what that means. They seem to work fine though. I just overwrite that entry anyway. Figured it was worth mentioning though for the next update.