PDA

View Full Version : Possible to run these tools under Linux?

Nagus69
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Seems it is required to run them under Windows. Are there Linux versions or anything got succes to run them with wine?

trevius
05-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I know it isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, but if you have an extra Windows PC on your LAN, you can set the tools up to work remotely. They are just as fast remotely as they are on the same PC when you are going from Windows to Linux. I use this setup and it is really nice. Never have to switch to my Linux box to do anything. It is nice to be able to be in game on Windows and just open up the tools and work with them from the same PC.

GeorgeS
05-07-2009, 10:35 PM
No, not possible
They use DX7 and in some cases DX9 dll and windows dependencies and libraries - so absolutely impossible.

GeorgeS

Nagus69
05-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Could you write a small rundown how that is possible? Possible over the internet too?

Thanks in advance ;)

pfyon
05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
It's easy enough. This is my db.ini file:

host=192.168.1.104
user=dbtools
password=dbtoolspassword
database=eqemu
everquest_folder=c:\program files\everquest
quest_folder=c:\EQEmu\quests

192.168.1.104 is the ip on my network for my database server.

dbtools is the user I've given permissions to access my eqemu database.
dbtoolspassword is the password for dbtools
eqemu is my eqemu schema.

I haven't done anything with quests, and c:\EQEmu\quests doesn't even exist on my computer, so I don't know if that'll work.

If you're doing it over the internet then just put the ip address (hostname might work too) for host and make sure the ports are forwarded properly (mysql uses 3306 by default).

Nagus69
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Suns virtualbox works perfect under linux. Just install winxp inside the box and run from there ;)

Thovar
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
damn...

Ive been trying to get these to under wine for a few days now, so i finally decide to search the forums for hope. I see there is none. lol... thanks for posting all this info though. it helps. for some reason I can connect remotely from my windows computer, but it takes forever to let me move between feilds for some reason. o well.