PDA

View Full Version : Web based admin kit

Lillu
05-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Hey there,

I found many posts about web based admin tools (Akabor, Magoth's portal, eqemu built in admin tool, etc), but I can't really find an all in one web based tool that has all the nice features included. Also, most of these tools seems to be outdated or partially working.

Is there an all in one web based admin and utility tool you would recommend?
- Server administration
- Database editing
- Allakhazam clone
- Magelo clone
- Player interface
- Extra tools (new ideas?)

All help would really be appreciated.
Lillu

danimal1
05-09-2009, 07:59 PM
new magelo clone here (http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewforum.php?f=20). Have to register, but it doesnt send an activation email it just lets you in.

Lillu
05-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the link. I found v1.2. Downloaded it. Sourced the sql file into my active (peq) database. Edited the config file (db:peq, host:localhost, user:root, pass: XXX).

All I get is HTTP error 500

I'm running an appache 2.2, if that counts.

any idea what I've missed or doing wrong?

danimal1
05-10-2009, 10:47 AM
what happens when you go to /include/footer.php

danimal1
05-10-2009, 11:55 AM
the footer.php is the least complicated page on there. The next least complicated is /corpse.php?char=charactername

I don't think its any settings that you have wrong, but something isn't compatible. If it were your settings or the way your sourced in the database I don't think you'd get server errors, you'd get the mysql extension errors.

I'm not to familiar with server setup and crap and how all that stuff works, but if your paying for hosting you could try shooting the owners a question about it, and could you also post a link to your site up here.

Lillu
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
header php shows perfectly. actually other php pages works too (I'm hosting them), just not this tool. ahh well, thank danimal1 anyways for your help. looks like I'll have to stick with the "half" complet built in webadmin tool.

danimal1
05-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you have to install a PHP interpreter to run the server or does that functionality come built into apache.... if not what version of PHP are you running?

Lillu
05-11-2009, 04:56 AM
Do you have to install a PHP interpreter to run the server or does that functionality come built into apache.... if not what version of PHP are you running?

php-5.2.9-2 is intalled with appache 2.2.x module.

The tools are in the default appache htdocs folder for now.

Yesterday I installed EQEmu Web GM portal by Magoth (v0.21) too. most of it seems to work, but the database related function.. I get no error code, but server config, or character" stuff pages wont load up anything. I have the same and I belive proper config.php setup here too.

my eqemu server is running fine, without any issue. I use perl scripts for quest writing and it's also working fine.. The problem is, I get no error msg, not sure where to look to debug this.

No idea what the problem is :(

danimal1
05-11-2009, 08:11 AM
that really sucks... its your local box or are you paying for hosting?

Lillu
05-11-2009, 11:45 AM
everything is local. and still no idea what's the problem. :(

Andrew80k
05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't use this particular tool, but if you can find the database functions in the php, where it connects you can add a php echo of the database connection result and send that output to your browser. That might at least give you a clue as to what is happening.

Have you tried the PEQ editor?

Lillu
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Ok, finally got an error in the appache log:

[Mon May 11 19:38:50 2009] [error] [client 10.0.1.193] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in D:\\Apache2.2\\htdocs\\cb\\include\\config.php on line 30

Same mysql_connect() error for both tools..

Gonna try peq editor now.

Andrew80k
05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Do you have mysql enabled for php or do you have the php-mysql install?

Lillu
05-11-2009, 04:30 PM
not sure, I installed some php modules for mysql, but how can I find it out?

Lillu
05-11-2009, 04:48 PM
/cheer Andrew80K

I was a n00b and you pointed this out!
in my php.ini file, the mysql extensions were all dimmed with ;

Thanks again for both of you to lead me to the solution, everything works now fine now!

danimal1
05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
awesome, grats!

Andrew80k
05-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Glad you got it working and glad I could help....