PDA

View Full Version : LAN Server. Can I do this?

LaZZer
02-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Hello,
I just got my own server running last night and I was having a great time. Making my own items, summoning NPCs, Ice Cometing them. Makeing my level 99 warrior with max stats. So I called my friend and told him about it. He suggested that we duel each other in the emu. Can I do that? I have 3 computers on my network. Can I have them connect to my server or does minilog only support one account? Also is there way to populate a zone with NPC's when I zone in? I mean like zone into Qeynos and have all the little rats running aroung and the guards there. Even if they dont do anything I would still like to raid the zone.

Thanks for your help,
LaZZer

argay
02-06-2002, 01:11 AM
how did you get your lan server running? when i connect and choose character, and proceed to enter world, i get the message on the zoneserver "maps/<mapname>.map could not be found" or something like that... and it just boots me back to char screen or out of the game.... help plz... :PPP

/loot_master

Zeitgeist
02-06-2002, 02:19 AM
laz, yes you can just dont use the same character.

arg -- the map error is not the problem, thats fairly normal. if using .2.1 try creating a new char, log out. log oug in again and then try to enter as that character.

TheClaus
02-06-2002, 03:10 AM
Lazzer,

Populating zones is a long job. Use the EQAdmin to make the NPCs and then spawn them out. It will take awhile but when you get into the game and actually see what you have done it looks nice.

Nada
02-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Or even better idea is to download dawde's spawn data which does almost every zone with spawns but some of them are really messed up.

madborg
02-06-2002, 11:58 AM
actually PVP would be a good start. For one thing the combat system still needs work and so it would be useful for people to duel eaching and log the results.

And of course you don't have those pesky NPCs and mobs spoiling your action. Or you could just go to the arena and PVP there.

The nice thing about PVP and logging the results is that people have been doing that for ages so you can compare with their results (check the PVP boards). Also the difference in spell damage is a known % difference in PVP compared to PvM, so it should be easier to adjust for mob damage. And you have complete control of resist gear so you can see the effects and the damage a lot easier.

Lots of potential here.

Pyrotek
02-07-2002, 01:14 AM
Check out Image's new combat code on gotfrags. :)