PDA

View Full Version : Bot pets give exp

caylah023
05-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Found this out earlier tonight on my server and it appears to be kind of an underground bug atm.

Bot casters when they summon a pet can get rid of that pet with the cmd
#bot pet remove

when done and the pet is targeted this gets rid of the pet....it also gives the player experience that is at least substantial.

i got rid of this by removing pet summoning spells from my bot lineups but i would really like to see an actual fix for this. if anyone knows of a way to fix please let me know :)

cavedude
05-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Moving this to bots forum.

Congdar
05-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I'll take a look at this later today... shouldn't be too hard to fix.

caylah023
05-14-2009, 06:39 PM
kewl beans. sorry if i posted it in the wrong spot but as i use bots with my public server figured bug reports was a good spot :p

thanks in advance for anything you can do with this.

Congdar
05-17-2009, 12:28 AM
fixed in Rev533

caylah023
05-17-2009, 04:52 AM
ok awesome. but my question now is this. i dont tend to update the db for ax's db since the few times i do it overwrites my customized spawns and stuff for zones as well as items db and a few other special things

how do i upgrade these databases without killing the customized stuff ive got put in?

Congdar
05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
The way I keep from losing my custom stuff is to create an Updates.sql file with every change that I have made to the database. I haven't used the AX database, but the PEQ database has the bots_npcs.bat file to save the bots and the drop_system.sql file that cleans everything out except users stuff like character tables. Then there's the update sql file that puts in all the new stuff. Then I just source Updates.sql and source bot_npcs.sql and I'm back where I left off + the db updates.

caylah023
05-17-2009, 07:37 PM
hmm ok i will have to talk to ax about this figure out the best way to do this

thanks a lot :)

Nagus69
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
The way I keep from losing my custom stuff is to create an Updates.sql file with every change that I have made to the database. I haven't used the AX database, but the PEQ database has the bots_npcs.bat file to save the bots and the drop_system.sql file that cleans everything out except users stuff like character tables. Then there's the update sql file that puts in all the new stuff. Then I just source Updates.sql and source bot_npcs.sql and I'm back where I left off + the db updates.

That sounds intersting - however im a total noob when it comes to SQL. Care to explain how that works in detail? How do your custom changes to into the custom.sql file? Is there a trick that i am missing?

Greatly appreciate any help!

Congdar
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
no trick, it's not for noobs. it's manually adding the sql code to the updates.sql file by hand. you will need to know sql commands. if you add a custom npc to the npc_types table, you will need to know the sql command to do that. If you use a tool that adds npc's, I think GeorgeS is adding some way to export the command used for his tool and then you would copy that command to your updates.sql file.