PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Editor Containers

trevius
05-24-2009, 06:15 AM
GeorgeS,

The last modifications you made to the Recipe editor seem pretty nice so far. The only issue I am having is that I can't seem to get it to let me add more containers for recipes. It seems to default to the wrong ID for forges. I think the general forge should be 17, but it is defaulting to 17809 or something. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I try to click to add a row, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Other than that, it seems to work really great.

ChaosSlayerZ
05-24-2009, 11:45 AM
yes the new editor is amazing! thats excatly what i have asked for, and totaly missed its release :D

but I do seem to have troubles with adding/controling containers like Trev says.:?

oh yeah another important thing - you shoddl consider making it posible for container by item# not just name, and prabobly make some sort of separate button which will list all PRIMARY containers like stationary Forge, Loom, Owen etc. (do not however add things like jewelry Kit or tailoring kit to that list, cuase are items - not stationary, and if DB is custom they may not corespand to default item ids#!)

even better thing- perhaps a list of deafutl container can be read from OUTSIDE .txt file in side the folder where your program is, and then each user can put his own entries there like:

6666 Jewelry Kit

and thats what your program will read as primary container list

once again- keep up the great work - my server work would be nearly imposible wihout your tools! :cool:

ChaosSlayerZ
05-24-2009, 12:10 PM
oh and yes I more thing- in the list of curent containers shown - there should be a 2nd column which will show id of the container, and ability to click into that collumn field and enter a diffirent id over it- just like you enter item id in the recepie above.

this way if a user allready knows container ids he needs, he won't need to use the search list at all- he just enters id of the container directly

GeorgeS
05-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the issues. I fixed those problems and the newest version should work as expected. Forges will use itemid=17 and you can now add containers and add new ones by using just id's as requested. Fixed misc bugs

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
05-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks George!

There stil hwoever soem bugginess I am experiencing - or may be I am nto using it right.

For exmaple- let say I don't know what container name I need or what its number ID is.
I go into "View all containers" - but there is nothing realy there except "Add as container"

For exmaple I type in "loom" and clik "add as container" and editor crashes with error "subscript out of range" :? Tried typign id - same thing

not realy sure what to do with that or how to add container I do not know ID of.

perhaps what needs to be added inside that smaller window is:

-Show ALL containers- the programm will search DB for any item which is container and list their name and their ID
-Search for container by name
-and of course Show Primary Stationary Containers IDs :cool:

I am prety sure old version of editor did had some sort of search?

GeorgeS
05-26-2009, 12:14 AM
That's strange, I just tested it again and when one clicks on the view all containers button, it populates with all containers. Some of these are hard coded so I cannot imagine the problem.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
well i have just run the TS editor again just to see if i missed a button or something...

I Click - "View all containers" - window opens up- but list is empty :confused:

GeorgeS
05-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok, I looked at this better and found a possibility your database is pretty much customised enough to cause this so I rewrote the container search code and it should now work for all databases

TradeSkill Recipe Editor
1.0.6 -Container code fixed for specific databases

GeorgeS