PDA

View Full Version : Forges etc not showing up in game

Xelaan
05-25-2009, 11:05 PM
So I was playing a warrior and my newbie quest has me looking to combine a sword in a forge. I looked around on the maps and found the loc of a forge, I went there and no forge. So I found a couple other spots. no forges. I tried in the bazaar, no forges, or any in POK. Anyone have any ideas as to why I don't have my tradeskill devices showing up? :-)

I am running the code from 5/23/2009 along with the quests and db from that same day. I looked around and I have no tradeskill devices anywhere, looms, ovens, forges, etc.

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I had a few problems today (posted in other threads). The missing world objects is still one I have not solved.

---------------------------------------------
13620 [05.26. - 14:40:46] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
13620 [05.26. - 14:40:46] Error Loading Objects from DB: #1054: Unknown column 'linked_list_addr_01' in 'field list'
13620 [05.26. - 14:40:46] Loading World Objects failed. continuing.

The log above is from the eqemu_error_zone.log file. Is this showing the world objects not loading?

gaeorn
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
You are missing some, if not all, of the changes in utils/sql/svn/instance_branch_table_changes.sql of the instance branch of EQEmu. The current versions of PEQ db require the instance branch.

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
When I installed I checked out the trunk through SVN. How do I load the instance branch? I have a basic understanding on SVN, and I am learning more every day from the community here, but that is something I had not yet seen regarding multiple branches.

Any instructions would be great, I would like to make sure I am provinding the best server I can. (and objects are important). ;-)

provocating
05-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I may can be a little help here. From my newbie understanding there is the instance and trunk.

If you look here

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/#svn/trunk%3Fstate%3Dclosed

Look under branch and instance.

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 04:37 PM
I sourced in the instance_branch_table_changes.sql from the instance branch. I am not sure how to get all the code changes into my existing SVN checkout from the trunk.

Loading in the sql did not give me back the objcts in the world, forges and other tradskill items are still missing. :-(

provocating
05-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Well looking at that SQL it looks to me that it actually removes that field.

ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `linked_list_addr_01`;

So that would mean you probably need to be running the instance executables and it seems logical from your error that you are not. Have you replaced your executables ?

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 05:02 PM
I replaced them from the latest trunk, I haven't figured out how to download the instance source code into my trunk directory using svn. I am a bit confused about the whole instance thing.

To switch to the instance do I need to create all new directories and download the instance using a new svn checkout, compile the instance, then rebuild all my links to the instance executables?

Makes me wonder why this code wasn't just added to the trunk as an update instead of making the trunk obsolete. I am thinking I am missing something here.

provocating
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Well like I said I am new to this so all I can do is explain how I got mine working. What I had to do is compile my instance executables from source and run the instance sql on the database. After I did this, it just worked. I was getting an SQL error also when my zones would load.

If you do not want to go through the whole compiling thing, have you tried these ? Backup your executables first and maybe try these that are precompiled.

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list

provocating
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I haven't figured out how to download the instance source code into my trunk directory using svn.

Also I wanted to add something. You may simply have to just change your path. I am not sure what you are using for SVN but with Toirtose(sp) I just change my path.

To: http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/branches/instance/

gaeorn
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
They chose to branch off the instance code while it was being worked on since there are many servers out there that have their own DBs.

ProjectEQ, on the other hand, is a test server for the purpose of developing the server code and database. Once the instance branch got far enough along to begin testing, PEQ switched over to using it. This means their database is now configured to use the instance branch of the server code.

To avoid confusion, a branch in a source code repository is usually a complete copy of whatever code was branched off, but it contains features not found in the trunk code. This is often done for experimental features, such as this case for instancing.

Anyway, it appears I was misinterpreting the error message you posted earlier. What you need to do is download the instance branch of the server and compile it. The branch is a full copy of the server code so you do not need anything from trunk to do this. As shown in the previous post, you simply change the path you are downloading from to get the instance branch code.

Once you have the instance branch of the server compiled, installed and running, the missing objects should work properly.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.