PDA

View Full Version : Recompile and reload of DB now doors don't work

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I know I have been asking a lot of questions, sorry about that I am learning as fast as I can.

I recompiled this morning in an attempt to work on bots. Now I no longer have doors and working lifts in Gfaydark.

I reloaded a fresh copy of the latest database and recompiled the latest code using the svn up command to obtain.

12975 [05.26. - 08:10:25] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone.log
12975 [05.26. - 08:10:25] Error Loading Objects from DB: #1054: Unknown column 'linked_list_addr_01' in 'field list'
12975 [05.26. - 08:10:25] Loading World Objects failed. continuing.
12975 [05.26. - 08:10:25] ... Failed to load doors.

I am using peq db Rev 553

Any thoughts on why doors won't load?

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Looks like something changed in the new db and is not working right.

[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loading World Objects from DB...
[Error] Error Loading Objects from DB: #1054: Unknown column 'linked_list_addr_01' in 'field list'
[Error] Loading World Objects failed. continuing.
[Status] Loading doors for potranquility ...
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
Error in DBLoadDoors query 'SELECT id,doorid,zone,name,pos_x,pos_y,pos_z,heading,open type,guild,lockpick,keyitem,nokeyring,triggerdoor, triggertype,dest_zone,dest_x,dest_y,dest_z,dest_he ading,door_param,invert_state,incline,size FROM doors WHERE zone='potranquility' ORDER BY doorid asc' #1054: Unknown column 'nokeyring' in 'field list'
[Error] ... Failed to load doors.

There was some change in the keyring, maybe something to do with the key check is making my doors not work. Any of the experts have any thoughts?

Andrew80k
05-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Check to make sure you sourced all the updated sql as well. This is usually found in the svn repository under utils/sql/svn

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I actually deleted my old DB entirely and recreated it from the new package. I then ran through the updates to be sure, they were all in the DB already though. The only thing from the old DB was I reloaded the characters from the backup I had.

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I am sorry, you were correct, in the EQEmu source I missed one of the SQL updates. I had added all the ones included with the DB. Once I sourced in the missing nokeyring.sql the doors all came back.

However, now I can't hit or cast spells on anything. :-) Never a dull moment after an upgrade.

I target a mob and try to cast a spell it tells me I cannot see it, if I try melee I just keep missing, and the mob keeps missing me as well.

Shendare
05-26-2009, 03:24 PM
That new problem is generally the case of missing or corrupted .map files on the server.

You should have .map (and sometimes .wtr) files for each zone in the Maps folder of your EQEmu server installation.

If you don't have a .map file for a zone, the server doesn't know how the zone is laid out and can't process "can X see Y" checks.

- Shendare

Andrew80k
05-26-2009, 03:24 PM
This is usually due to missing map files. Is this in one zone or all zones?

Andrew80k
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
That new problem is generally the case of missing or corrupted .map files on the server.

You should have .map (and sometimes .wtr) files for each zone in the Maps folder of your EQEmu server installation.

If you don't have a .map file for a zone, the server doesn't know how the zone is laid out and can't process "can X see Y" checks.

- Shendare

jinx! hehe.

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
I will reload my maps files. It seems to be for all zones. I tried several and the spells would not work, I only tried melee in a couple.

Xelaan
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I loaded new maps from the SVN and relinked the directory into my server directory. I can again cast spells and they work! yay! :-)

Now unfortunately melee still is not working. I can attack things but, I just keep missing, and they keep missing me. :-) I had my level 47 necro pet attacking a gnoll pup and they stat there swinging at each other and missing each other until I finally cast a dot on the pup to end the fight.

Any thoughts as to why no one can hit anyone? :-)

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are awesome. I am learning a ton from you all.

Snoopdog
05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Just an FYI this thread also helped me out, I was missing doors and PoK stones. I just never thought the keyring SQL would had been about doors so I skipped, guess that is what I get for thinking and not doing it.

Rebooting now, so we will see.

Snoopdog
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Hmm, I still have no doors and PoK stones, even after adding the keyring sql.

Ideas ?

---------------------------------------------
[05.28. - 13:58:50] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_zone_5940.log
[05.28. - 13:58:50] ... Failed to load doors.

provocating
05-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Ignore my last post, I was having a mistake on my part.