PDA

View Full Version : Raid XP with bots spawned

provocating
05-27-2009, 08:25 AM
I noticed this last night when playing with the bots in a raid situation. When I started last night around 6:30pm I was at level 63 with two yellows in. I zoned into Plane of Innovation and spawned the raid group. This was a total of 17 bots and me, three groups. Most of the time I was just trying to figure out the targeting commands, being able to split the groups on different targets. I was not intentionally trying to XP grind, just learn the commands so this was very casual. There were times I was reading on the web and not attacking for 10 minutes at a time. Within two hours I was level 65 and not just level 65 but max at 65 with five yellows in. It seems I was getting all of the experience because in live this never happens in a raid group.

I am not complaining by an means, just being informational at best. The bots are an amazing accomplishment any way you look at it. The bots have breathed new life into the game for everyone so any improvements are a welcome addition to an already incredible design.

Congdar
05-27-2009, 11:28 AM
yeah, seems like exp goes fast with the bots. but on live exp went fast if you had that many groups killing for a few hours. maybe not as fast as with bots but still fast. i'll have to take a harder look at the exp stuff. depends on your server settings too... lots of servers have increased exp bonus settings and there are some hot zone exp bonuses too.

Snoopdog
05-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Mine is at the default .8 and .2 group bonus.

The thing is I remember going on raids all night and only getting a blue or two for the night.

If you give people this much power they will abuse it. What prevents them using four groups and getting from level 61-65 in maybe 4-5 hours. Trust me from what I saw last night it can be done.

Congdar
05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
It's possible that you are getting all the exp the bots are supposed to be just burning as their share... I'll take a closer look at the exp split stuff.

Congdar
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
OK, it appears you are getting group experience in all cases... 1 bot group or 12 bot groups. So you get 1/6th of the exp as if you were only one group. I'll put in a fix to divide by number of raid members so you get accurate shared exp.

fixed in r587