PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ NPC log parser

cavedude
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
KLS was awesome and wrote up a parser to turn SEQ text files into .sql ready to insert into the DB. Details and download here: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7629

trevius
05-28-2009, 04:35 PM
That is awesome if it does what it sounds like it does!

I was searching all over for any kind of parser that could parse packet info into structures that could then be easily put into a database, but I couldn't find anything that could do that. Seems like something that any emulator could use.

provocating
05-28-2009, 04:44 PM
So this will help accelerate getting the unpopulated zones populated ?

cavedude
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, it does precisely that. It still requires a LOT of manual work, but at least we now have a way to collect spawns from Live and put them into the DB. I'd still love to get EQExtractor/EQBuilder to work if anything for doors, objects, books, grids, merchants, etc but this will certainly do for now and it's more than acceptable to populate LDoN which is what I am currently doing.

provocating
05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Well I will be glad to help, as far as my capabilities go.

I actually did look at the source for the collector and stuff yesterday. It was so far over my head it was ridiculous.

trevius
05-28-2009, 04:55 PM
If the code is flexible enough that it can be set to work for other structures, doors/zonelines/objects/AAs and others are almost all exactly the same on Live as SoF, so it should be easy to port the tool to handle those. Of course, I am saying this before even seeing exactly what it does, but it sounds like it would work to me.

Edit: Looked at the source and I am not quite sure how it works just yet. I see the structures listed as strings, so I am not sure how it breaks down the size of each field.

provocating
05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Hopefully I will have some time to play with this tool this weekend.

KLS
05-29-2009, 06:36 PM
the SEQ logs are in text format so using strings made a lot of sense.