PDA

View Full Version : Learn Recipe quest:: function

alblagg
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I was looking for a quest:: function that would allow a quest NPC to teach a recipe to a player. Is this already available? And if not how hard would it be to add as a quest function?

trevius
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I am not sure I understand the point of such a command. Recipes should be searchable via the advanced window in tradeskill containers. As far as I know, you don't have to learn recipes to find them in the search.

joligario
06-02-2009, 08:48 PM
The reason is because starting in GoD, certain recipes were not available until you "learned" them. As a matter of fact, some were not "learnable" at all. You had to do a manual combine all the time!!

And by learn, I mean it gets added to your tradeskill recipe list.

trevius
06-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Ahh, for that to work, it would probably take a considerable bit of code to handle that whole system and new options for setting recipes to not show up on the list if they need to be learned and what-not.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-02-2009, 10:11 PM
oh I didn't know this was even posible!
It would be amazing!
this is how it works in eq2 - you cannot craft unless you actualy LEARN the recepie - simular to like scrbing spell into spell book

one of the reasons eq1 crafting sucked so much is cuase any recepies were insta available to anyone -there were no "learning of secrets" - and with search list added it become ultra trivilized process of click click lick click click...

if we in fact can have scribeable recepies- then I will make entire crafting for my server this way =)