PDA

View Full Version : Bots and Agro with PCs

pfyon
06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
It seems to me that no matter what my bots do, they won't get agro from an mob if I'm in melee with it. Is there something I'm missing about bot agro? I know the server treats them as npcs (f8 targets them for example), but is there any way to make mobs treat them like players with respect to the agro their spells generate?

Congdar
06-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm not having this issue. My bots get aggro with what I fight every time. What version of the emu are you using?

pfyon
06-06-2009, 02:00 PM
According to svn info, I'm running rev 501.

Congdar
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm running 630, musta been fixed in the last 100 or so builds.

jyaku
06-06-2009, 03:14 PM
i beleive i asked this question at some point on this board. you had to change something on the server itself, i'm too lazy to look for the answer myself but i know it's on this board somewhere

leslamarch
06-06-2009, 03:25 PM
i beleive i asked this question at some point on this board. you had to change something on the server itself, i'm too lazy to look for the answer myself but i know it's on this board somewhere
I think your talking about this rule here
Aggro:SmartAggroList = true

Congdar
06-06-2009, 03:51 PM
except for bots it should be = false
guess i didn't understand the question. thought your bots weren't fighting.

pfyon
06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Perhaps I haven't done enough testing.

I'm testing playing a warrior with 5 bots (cleric, enchanter, monk x2, bard). Mobs will always attack my warrior if I'm in melee range of them, no matter how much damage/healing/agro my bots produce on the mobs in melee.

Aggro:SmartAggroList is set to true in the rules_values table. I'll set it false and see how that works.

Kaain
06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
My experience is that if you are in melee range or engaged in fighting the npc they always attack you. You can command the bots to attack an npc from a distance and the npc(s) will aggro the bots, but as soon as you start meleeing the same mobs aggro switches to you. I even command bots to attack one target while I attack another and that works pretty well in certain situations. It never bothered me about bot aggro since they seem to be coded the same way as pets on live and the hate list rules work almost exactly the same way. I HAVE seen my cleric take aggro for healing briefly if multiple npcs are clumped together in a fight with my bot group, but the hate list rules always seem to weigh heavily toward the pc. I have not tried to change this behavior since I always figured it was hard coded and not tied to any rule_value. That could be an incorrect assumption though.

pfyon
06-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Just did some testing now. Setting that aggro rule definitely made it more interesting. Mobs will agro bots during combat if they do too much dmg or heal too much.

edit: any chance someone could add a note in the table describing what Aggro:SmartAggroList does so this problem shouldn't come up again for new users?

ChaosSlayerZ
06-13-2009, 01:11 AM
I have simular problem.
I specificly set Aggro:SmartAggroList to FALSE so my pets can hold agro while I am also in melee but this only works for a split second

I sic pet on mob- let pet beat on mob for a WHILE - i use special TEST mob who has 1mln hp but hist back for only liek 1 dmg.

Then i come into melee range - mob ignore me.
I KICK the mob for liek 5 dmg - and ob IMMIDIATLY turns to me and starts beating on me like in last 5 min my pet gained no hate what so ever

I take a step back - the mob turns back to pet. I step back in and hit mob once for like 10 dmg- and again mobs entire attention is on me.

In other words, if I set Aggro:SmartAggroList to TRUE -= mob is always on me. If ist false- even with a LOT of time to gain agro, procing agro spells, nuking etc - as soon as i hit the mob just once- i have all the attention.

I realy wish this get fixed :confused:

as a side quetsion- do pets EVER realy taunt? I click "taunt" and pet always replies- "taunting now". WHile on LIVE I belive pet was saying "taunting now" when you click once, and "no longer taunting" when you click again. (they were taunting by default) On Emu I don't see any diffirence.

Shendare
06-13-2009, 01:56 AM
I don't know about bots, but the behavior you're describing is the way it's always been with pets in EQ. NPCs will always attack the pet's owner if he/she gets within melee range, no matter how much hate the pet itself has built up.

- Shendare

ChaosSlayerZ
06-13-2009, 02:10 AM
I don't know about bots, but the behavior you're describing is the way it's always been with pets in EQ. NPCs will always attack the pet's owner if he/she gets within melee range, no matter how much hate the pet itself has built up.

- Shendare

you right on EQ, but thats why we have this RULE they put it to let agro manage itself.
What I am saying that rule isn't working

Shendare
06-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Roger that. :)

- Shendare

gaeorn
06-13-2009, 03:19 AM
From what I have heard, the rule is not for the sake of bot aggro. It just happens to affect bot aggro. The rule was put in to allow a server op to decide to use newer or older aggro code.

Both the old and the new set of aggro code works as intended when it was written. Unfortunately, neither works perfectly for the bots.

Congdar
06-13-2009, 01:23 PM
There are several other aggro rules that you can tweak. There's a melee range mod that matches your description above and several others:

RULE_BOOL ( Aggro, SmartAggroList, true )
RULE_INT ( Aggro, SittingAggroMod, 35 ) //35%
RULE_INT ( Aggro, MeleeRangeAggroMod, 10 ) //10%
RULE_INT ( Aggro, CurrentTargetAggroMod, 0 ) //0% --will prefer our current target to any other; makes it harder for our npcs to switch targets.
RULE_INT ( Aggro, CriticallyWoundedAggroMod, 100 ) //100%
RULE_INT ( Aggro, SlowAggroMod, 450 )
RULE_INT ( Aggro, IncapacitateAggroMod, 500 ) //mez, blind, charm etc etc
RULE_INT ( Aggro, MovementImpairAggroMod, 175 )
RULE_INT ( Aggro, SpellAggroMod, 100 )
RULE_INT ( Aggro, SongAggroMod, 33 )
RULE_INT ( Aggro, PetSpellAggroMod, 10 )
RULE_INT ( Aggro, StunAggroMod, 750 )

ChaosSlayerZ
06-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I am prety sure all those extra rules will not help a bit, if I let pet beat mob for 1k dmg and then kick for 5 and immiditaly steal agro.

Congdar
06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I am prety sure all those extra rules will not help a bit, if I let pet beat mob for 1k dmg and then kick for 5 and immiditaly steal agro.

I'm not positive, but that may be the melee range aggro mod rule.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-13-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm not positive, but that may be the melee range aggro mod rule.

I am telling you it only matters for player vs player evaluation, once pet comes into picture- all proximity agro goes out of the window

There is NO WAY, whatever this value is set to, that doing 5 dmg to a mob can posibly outweight a 1k dmg allready delt in terms of pure hate