PDA

View Full Version : can't get server list

eski2
06-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I installed the recommended versions of mySQL and Perl, and rebooted, then ran PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe
and didn't seem to get any errors.

loginserver gives
LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading opcodes..
Server mode: MiniLogin
Login server listening on port:5999
38578 New client from ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 1264

eqemu\eqlauncher gives:

[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_2600.log
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to the server 127.0.0.1
:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] worldserver.Connect() FAILED! Will retry.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...

And when i run C:\minilogin_EverQuest_eqemu\starteq.bat I can get to the point where a list of servers should appear (or at least minilogin) but nothing appears. What am i missing?

I'm sorry if it is obvious but all this is new to me.

gaeorn
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Have you started world?

The Emu programs are world, eqlauncher and zone. Zone is started by eqlauncher. World is not, so has to be started separately. Is this a windows or linux server and are you using start.bat (or just start under linux)?

eski2
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Have you started world?

The Emu programs are world, eqlauncher and zone. Zone is started by eqlauncher. World is not, so has to be started separately. Is this a windows or linux server and are you using start.bat (or just start under linux)?

I'm using win xp. When i ran the installer, it put 2 shortcuts on my desktop, one to C:\EQEmu\start.bat, another to C:\minilogin_EverQuest_eqemu\starteq.bat
and i ran these in that order.

Start.bat has
@echo off
start minilogin.exe
start world.exe
echo Waiting for World to finish before starting Zone...
sleep 20
start eqlaunch.exe zone
which seems right. I don't know what is going wrong.

gaeorn
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
From the messages in your first post, eqlauncher is unable to connect to world. There are several possible causes:

1. world.exe is not running
2. a firewall is interfering with the connection (unusual when using 127.0.0.1 as the address)
3. there is an error in the eqemu_config.xml config file

There are probably other causes that I'm not thinking of right now.

I would check your logs folder and see what messages you are getting from world.exe. Post anything interesting you find.

eski2
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I looked at the log files and i'm guessing something is wrong with the eq database but i don't know any SQL. I thought the installer was supposed to set it up; but either it missed something or i did.

eqemu_debug_world_2060.log

---------------------------------------------
[06.13. - 01:44:51] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world_2060.log
[06.13. - 01:44:51] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[06.13. - 01:44:51] [WORLD__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[06.13. - 01:44:51] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.7.0
[06.13. - 01:44:51] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[06.13. - 01:44:56] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection.

___

eqemu_error_world_2060.log

---------------------------------------------
[06.13. - 01:44:56] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_2060.log
[06.13. - 01:44:56] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'eq'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

gaeorn
06-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Looks like the login and password in your eqemu_config.xml doesn't match the account created in mysql. If you provided a password during the installation, I would suggest editing eqemu_config.xml and putting that password in the appropriate place.

I can't remember what all that installer does so I can't say exactly where things went wrong. In any case, if you can figure out the login and password for mysql and put it into the config, it should work.

eski2
06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Looks like the login and password in your eqemu_config.xml doesn't match the account created in mysql. If you provided a password during the installation, I would suggest editing eqemu_config.xml and putting that password in the appropriate place.

I can't remember what all that installer does so I can't say exactly where things went wrong. In any case, if you can figure out the login and password for mysql and put it into the config, it should work.

I don't really know what to do with SQL. If I uninstall and reinstall it, how does it get a database with a username and password of eq? Is the peq d'base downloaded separately?

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>My Minilogin</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

eski2
06-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the minilogin package.

"Installing both the database and minilogin server type will create a username called mini, password mini that can be used to log into your server. Also, this installer will configure minilogin for localhost ONLY."

This came up, and this seems to indicate the xml file created has the wrong username and pass in it. How do i login to MySQL to check Peq exists and has a username and passwd of mini?

eski2
06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I think there is an error message from the installer but unfortunately it doesn't pause at that point and i can't read quicly enough to see it. I'm reinstalling MySQL and changing the root password to see if it helps

gaeorn
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
No, that is referring to the login to the game. The config has to have the login information for the mysql server. The only thing I would suggest is reading the instructions that came with the installer very carefully to see if there is some minor point that was missed.

I very vaguely recall that during the install process, a DOS window pops up and requests a password for mysql. If you don't give it the password you gave when you installed mysql, I believe the installer is unable to configure your database. But that's the only thought I have on this issue.

Perhaps there is someone more familiar with that installer that can help you more. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

eski2
06-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I suspect an SQL issue is the problem. Pity there's no simple guide for it. I noticed there's known bugs with it preserving the root password even when you uninstall it. If there are any SQL gurus out there, i could use your help making sure that that is set up correctly before i do anything else?