PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest Race/Zone Inventory

Shendare
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Are you a world builder who has wondered what models were available in each zone and what textures are available for each model, and wished there were a definitive reference?

I know exactly how you feel!

The thought of testing every race/gender combination I wanted to use in each zone and manually flipping through texture variations, only to wonder whether I actually found all of the variations (Vah Shir Texture 50? The heck?) and properly understood the global/local nature of the models, irritated me enough to build a program that could parse through the EQ files and do all of the work automatically.

Presenting my EQ Race/Zone Inventory program.

http://www.jondjackson.net/EQ/Emu/EQRI.htm

If you're only interested in the stock off-the-disc Titanium or SoF configuration, you can use the pre-made References on the page.

If you've customized your client setup via ZoneNick_chr.txt or GlobalLoad.txt changes, you can use the program to run an inventory of your customized setup.

Source code is also available so you can see what it's doing.

If you encounter any glitches or if something doesn't seem to match up in-game, let me know and I'll take a look!

- Shendare

Zeice
06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
You are my hero.

steve
06-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Wow.

You know who doesn't even have a list of what can be loaded in each zone.

Amazing work!

bufferofnewbies
06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I know 99% of you guys probably don't even know who I am. But just stopped by to see how the 'state of affairs' was going with my old addiction.

It's heartening to see that people not only are improving the emulator itself, but still producing fine 'outside the emu' code such as this to help others. Good Show.

1 Bran point.

zergling
06-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Awesome. Great work!

Also with a little tweaking, the reading through files logic could probably also be used to make a comprehensive globalload file for folks who want to have access to all the models for live events, etc.

I'm using a globalload on my server that was seemingly handmade by some folks by pure trial and error. Noticed a few missing models that players wanted (the wife demands fairy illusion!) that I fixed, but having one that we knew was complete would be pretty awesome.

Shendare
05-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Updated for RoF2!

I have updated the Race/Zone inventory for the RoF2 client.

The new location for downloading these files is:

http://www.shendare.com/EQ/Emu/EQRI/

The old URL should auto-forward to the new server.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!