PDA

View Full Version : Spell question

Serryon123
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Hello everyone im currently working on my server City of Carnage you may have seen it on the server list as "A Work in progress" but anyway I was wondering if anyone knew a way to EDIT already made spells, or if there was a program, or if there was a way to actually CREATE a new spell? Any info on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Bleh/Ala spell editor.

Serryon123
06-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Ah great ty, would u happen to have a link to these programs please? googled but cant seem to find any idk why

ChaosSlayerZ
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
i can't find the official link but it started here

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24128&highlight=Bleh

chrsschb
06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eq.html

Serryon123
06-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Ah great thx, I cant get it to work just yet not sure why but im sure playing around with it some more ill figure it out. Also had another question, this is my first emu server and im still a learning GM, but im trying to script a boss, i can make it cast AoE spells fine using this line $npc->CastSpell(1653,userid); how would i make it cast a single target spell like a single target lifetap or something? they dont seem to work. Was also wondering how to make adds despawn upon aggro loss? tried googling but i cant seem to find any good info about eqemu on google. Thanks in advance.

-Steve

also aim name is xXxSteveo89xXx if anyone is interested in chatting on there :)

Dibalamin
06-30-2009, 07:02 AM
$npc->CastSpell(1653,userid);

Instead use

$npc->CastSpell(1653,$client);

If you will post the full script we can help you get it working.

Serryon123
06-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Ahh ok, well the script works, ill try that when i get home later on a single target spell, maybe sum1 can post a guide or something on script spells? like is there a way to make the spells he casts instant, even tho they have a cast time for players, and a way to make it so they cast the spell throughout the whole fight and maybe on a certain timer? appreciate all the help!

Dibalamin
06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
As far as script wise? I'm not aware of a way to make a spell fire off instantly without creating a new copy & setting it to 0 cast time in the editor. However, in spell sets giving a spell a mana cost of -2 will make it instant cast I believe.

So, for scripting, if you need a spell to have a zero casting time, you will have to copy the spell you want to have no casting time, change the copies casting time and then use that new ID in your script.

Least this is the way I did it as I couldn't find accurate information to the contrary.

Dibalamin
06-30-2009, 03:54 PM
For firing spells on a timer, you will need to use

sub EVENT_TIMER {
if($timer eq "nuke") {
$npc->CastSpell(ID,Target);
}
}

Tying the timer to combat is generally the best idea

sub EVENT_COMBAT {
if ($combat_state == 1) {
quest::settimer("nuke",15);