PDA

View Full Version : Fear change

Dibalamin
07-06-2009, 10:25 PM
A slight change to fear: Is it possible to have fear, in it's current form to count as a mez however not be breakable by damage? I don't think this is possible to acheive through editing the spell.

On live, when someone is feared, the mobs would effectively ignore the feared PC and go for the next unfeared target on its hate list. NPCs essentially treated feared as crowd control.

ChaosSlayerZ
07-06-2009, 11:24 PM
hmm I am no code expert, but why can't "mobs run away when low on hp" can be used for fearing? Same goes for players- if a mob has a path to run away to- assign same path to player when player is feared?

KLS
07-07-2009, 05:14 AM
I had player fear working for a while the problem with it was often players would fall through the world, so I resolved to not re-implement it until we had better pathing which should be soon if Derision can finish up that A* stuff.

We can pretty easily add fear into the crowd control category under the hate calc I think.

MNWatchdog
07-07-2009, 05:30 AM
Fear lands way to often even with decent MR and it seems to last full duration, so please fix that first.

KLS
07-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Imagination.

ChaosSlayerZ
07-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I want to point out that on LIVE all those 45 -60 sec fears, always only lasted a tiny fraction on a player - at most 1-3 ticks, cuase even in 2 ticks you could run far enough to agro a good 5-12 additional mobs. Getting feared just once in a dungeon was a certain death.

Yeormom
07-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I had player fear working for a while the problem with it was often players would fall through the world, so I resolved to not re-implement it until we had better pathing
Due to Z plane? The generic mob fear pathing is in the mob ai process loop so I'm guessing you were using another method to process fear on a PC. I couldn't make anything fall through the world with the locations generated by the CalculateNewFearpoint() function.

chrsschb
07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
The problem I've seen is even though I break fear early. I'm still "Stunned" for the full duration of the fear.

KLS
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Try fearing on any sort of incline, though back then we also didn't have derision's zstuff... maybe I'll look at it again soon.

Dibalamin
07-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Fear durations can be adjusted server side if they seem too long, I don't see that as being an obstacle for offering a temp fix to fear. As it stands now, mobs stand their ignorantly beating on one player instead of changing targets like they should lol. Makes fear virtually pathetic...

nilbog
07-08-2009, 05:06 PM
when someone is feared, the mobs would effectively ignore the feared PC and go for the next unfeared target on its hate list.

This is the way I've experienced fear on live..AE fear at least. It would attack the next unfeared person highest on its hate list

The exception to this of course was if a mob feared 1 target and no one else was on its hate list.. then it would continue to beat on its one, feared target :D

I recently reviewed people testing nagafen for me, and it was sad to watch the warrior tank be constantly stun-feared, and the healers completely safe, because he didn't change targets on hatelist.

I started trying to write some perl that would do this on a per mob basis, but a real fix would be extraordinary. <3

Dibalamin
07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I <3 Kls!!

KLS
07-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Aggro code should treat fear like a mez now, it will only attack that target if there aren't any better targets to choose from. PCs will now also actually run away when feared.