PDA

View Full Version : EQEMU Server Launcher

Yuri
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Well... i got tired of seeing eqlaunch on my taskbar, since nowdays world tells me all the same information, so i decided to write this
It should make things easy for newbies as well. ;)
Basically it replaces the batch file most people are using to start their servers up.
It is a server launcher (for those running windows servers), capable of clearing logfiles, minimizing/maximizing/and hiding any window. (world/chat/eqlaunch zones) all of which are customizable.
Easy hotkey shutdown! shuts down the entire server at once. checks the world log file to see when its entirely loaded and starts the zones directly after. No more waiting or pausing!
Capable of launching dynamic as well as static zones.
Written in autoit 3.3.0.0, I've included the source script for anyone who would like to make improvements, as well as a binary so people don't have to compile it.
Just put the eqemulauncher.exe file in your eqemu server directory and launch it ;)
It will create an ini file for itself for settings, named: EQEMULauncher.ini
Edit the ini file to change settings
Default shutdown hotkey is shift-alt-s

Next task is going to be a client launcher, with random loading screens, and custom music support ;)

Here's the source script:
ftp://lasersquidnemesis.no-ip.org/ftproot/EQEMULauncher.au3
and here's the binary:
ftp://lasersquidnemesis.no-ip.org/ftproot/EQEMULauncher.exe

any feedback would be nice, but not necessary

Yuri
07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I've finished an update to the launcher... It now has the ability to auto restart the server or the entire computer at a specific time every day.

If you have a older version installed, delete the ini file and re-run the new version, it will create a new ini file with the added items. :)

Hrothgar
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Doesn't seem to start my EQEmuLoginServer.exe but it does the world, zones and mail server.