PDA

View Full Version : Bots working again?

nosfentora
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
I just saw that Rev 773 included the bots binaries.
So i pulled the new source svn, db, quests and maps, compiled (release/releasebots) the binaries, updated everything and restarted my server.

#bot create is still crashing the zone (i didn't try with the pre-compiled binaries).

did i miss anything or is the bot migration still happening?

nosfentora
07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Just tried with Rev773-Bots pre-compiled and same problem, creating bot crashes zone.

Congdar
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
i'll look into the create issue, it's probably due to all the new columns added to npc_types table lately. I was trying to hold off putting my latest changes in until Wildcard had done his reorg but with the spell casting issue I had to fix it seemed like I should just put all my additions in. Existing bots will work.

WildcardX
07-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Please add only high priority bug fixes into EQBOTS. All other bug fixes and new features should be added to BOTS. EQBOTS will eventually be removed from the repository code and replaced by BOTS.

Congdar
07-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Just tried with Rev773-Bots pre-compiled and same problem, creating bot crashes zone.

I just created a bot in west freeport and it didn't crash the zone. Maybe check your database? I have peq with the latest peqdb_1129Rev752.sql

EDIT:
I tried my compile, i tried the pre-compiled from the zip I posted. Both worked no crashes.

Kaain
07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
This should be interesting. Make sure you review and source all needed sql updates in the updates folder between Rev628-Bots and the new release, no doubt a lot has happened in that time. I'm hoping to update in the next day or two, but I expect a few bumps along the way myself since there is such a big jump from the Rev628 release.

Also just noticed the binaries are Rev773 while Congdar's DB is Rev752. Wheeee!

Kaain

Congdar
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Also just noticed the binaries are Rev773 while Congdar's DB is Rev752. Wheeee!

There's only 3 sql updates between 752 and 773. I think they are all optional.

nosfentora
07-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Strange.... when PEQ752 came out, i dropped bots, player and system, sourced everything back in and added back my characters.

the bots weren't working - i did it again yesterday, and looked in my db before re-sourcing and there was an old 'bots' table that hadn't been removed. i removed that, re-sourced, re-compiled (for good measure), and they seem to be working now.

could it have been just that 'bots' table?

Kaain
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
There's only 3 sql updates between 752 and 773. I think they are all optional.

Aye, nothing against your work at all :wink:
Just noting one more thing to add to my update checklist.

Kaain

thegosser
07-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Was there a solution to the create problem? I have added all the sql updates but after porting to SoF the #create bot function crashes the zone. My table looks clean (all though I am not positive of how it should look).

Any help would be appreciated.

nosfentora
07-19-2009, 05:48 PM
my 'problem' appeared to be a table called 'bots' in the database. when i re-sourced everything (drop_bots.sql, drop_player.sql,drop_system.sql) there was only 1 table left (bots). i dropped that as well, re-sourced everything with rev773, re-compiled and they seemed to work.

not 100% sure that was the problem, but could have been. haven't tried since then as i've been tinkering with the login server.