PDA

View Full Version : Rule to Allow EXP from Merchants

joligario
08-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I have noticed you can't get experience from killing merchants. This takes away a little bit from Live. Would be nice to allow servers the option to gain EXP from merchants rather than use the perl script.

If the original reason to not give experience was to prevent people from killing merchants, we could always set them immune to melee/spells in the database now.

Secrets
08-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I have noticed you can't get experience from killing merchants. This takes away a little bit from Live. Would be nice to allow servers the option to gain EXP from merchants rather than use the perl script.

If the original reason to not give experience was to prevent people from killing merchants, we could always set them immune to melee/spells in the database now.

The reason to give them no experience is because it was like that on live. If you want to change it (or code a rule for it) it's in

around line 2795, attack.cpp

if (give_exp_client && !IsCorpse() && MerchantType == 0)

change to

if (give_exp_client && !IsCorpse())

and if you want them giving corpses,

around line 2888, attack.cpp

if (!HasOwner() && class_ != MERCHANT && class_ != ADVENTUREMERCHANT && !GetSwarmInfo()

change to

if (!HasOwner() && class_ != ADVENTUREMERCHANT && !GetSwarmInfo()

you can also remove the adventure merchant option if you would like.

have fun.

joligario
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I seem to remember being able to get EXP from most merchants on live. Was this not the case?

Secrets
08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I seem to remember being able to get EXP from most merchants on live. Was this not the case?

Nope. At least in Classic EQ you couldn't. They would die and poof with no corpse or exp.