PDA

View Full Version : Exporting custom merchants w/item changes

The_Hinge
08-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Forgive me if i've missed a discussion like this before in these forums, my search came up fairly empty.

I've been using GeorgeS's awesome tools for a while now and cant seem find a way to export out a couple custom merchants along with their spawn point and items i've stocked them with (including custom pricing)

The senerio is this;

I tend to keep my server pretty close to the latest development code and current PEQ database release.

Over the last 6 months it's been simply easier for me to dump the player tables to a .sql file then do a complete clean install upon a new database release and then put the player data back.

So far it's worked really well except for my custom epic/food/spell vendor which goes bye bye.

I've cracked a couple sql tutorials in an effort to write it out myself , but i'll be honest, it's heady stuff for me if i'm not using it every day, which unfortunatly i'm not.

Not to mention i'd like to look through the export file just to see where all the tables involved actually reside.

I suppose i could look through the source code...

But was hoping there was an already built tool that could fast track me to a solution.

Thanks again GeorgeS, i've truely enjoyed customizing my server with your tools, they have been most helpful.

GeorgeS
08-05-2009, 10:30 AM
exporting selected merchants and their sell list is not a problem, however exporting the spawn point is tricky , with issues like when the npc belongs to more >1 spawngroup. I think it would be safer to export just the npc (stats and all), and if it's a merchant, export the sell list as well.

I can code this in later,

GeorgeS

The_Hinge
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
That would be fantastic.

Recreating the spawn by hand is fine by me.

Thanks a ton :)