PDA

View Full Version : Recreating Bots

laxative
08-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi,

I tried to port over my old bots as well, and failed dreadfully,

I don't mind recreating, can someone offer me a good tool to re-equip my new friends. #finditem and #summonitem will work but that's very time consuming.

Thanks
Laxa

WildcardX
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Its too bad no one was able to step up and write an import script. I've had my hands full coding, I really don't have the time to write somethign any number of people have the skills to do.

Basically, if you feel you have to recreate your bots, you can attempt to blunt the pain by renaming your exisiting botinventory table to another name like "botinventoryOLD".. then do something like:

insert into botinventory (BotID, SlotID, ItemID) select npctypeid, slotid, itemid from botinventoryOLD;

update botinventory set BotID = *TODO: Add your bot id from your bots table here for your bot* where BotID = *Your Old Bot ID from EQBOTS*;

MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST. I am not responsible for tears or emotional damage.

laxative
08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I did a little mysql research, while not completed automated, I did get all my bots back with full inventory.

Further, I find they are easier to deal with and are not doing some of the annoyances that I found before; appearing to lose inventory after database updates, not accepting items unless grouped, poofing during raid creations...

I need to fix up my macros now ;)

djeryv
08-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I had a little trouble myself, but I was kinda lucky. I only had 3 bots total on the server. I just recreated them from scratch and move the botinventory back into the db so they had all their stuff back.

-Djeryv

gaeorn
08-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Just committed to SVN a new sql to use that will convert the old style bots and their inventory to the new schema. You can find the file in utils/sql/svn/botsconvert.sql. Use this instead of bots.sql if you wish to convert.

Please be sure to back up your DB before attempting this.

nosfentora
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I tried to port over my old bots as well, and failed dreadfully,

I don't mind recreating, can someone offer me a good tool to re-equip my new friends. #finditem and #summonitem will work but that's very time consuming.

Thanks
Laxa

I'm not sure if Georges' EQItems tool is current w/ the new bots table(s), but i always used that to gear up my bots, and save their inv as a template. that way when i made changes and needed to source them, i just geared them w/ EQItems template.

laxative
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Greets,

Yup a big fan of George's tools, the item editor/npc loot editor doesnt support the new schema for bots.

Laxa

GeorgeS
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I'll look into the table struct tonight and see what needs to be done

GeorgeS

nosfentora
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
You rock GeorgeS!

GeorgeS
08-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Ok looked at this for hours, and it's pretty confusing what tables are required.

So far I am running 884bots and it runs fine.

Creating a bot generates error 'cannot save georgebot as a bot'.

Is problem with the 'bot' table?

Does anyone have the comprehensive sql source for the bot tables so I can start this update?

Is it true that bots no longer reside in the npc_types table?

GeorgeS

WildcardX
08-07-2009, 12:26 AM
probably.

see "bots.sql". This file is the authoritative source for all BOTS tables.

Finally, yes. Bots not longer reside in the npc_types table.

GeorgeS
08-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Is it correct all relevant tables are these 5?
//projecteqdb - Revision 29: /trunk/peqdatabase/player_tables

botinventory
botleader
botsowners
botgroups
bots

GeorgeS

WildcardX
08-07-2009, 01:42 AM
No that list is incorrect.

As I wrote in my last post, go open up the bots.sql file. If you can't locate the file "bots.sql", go read the changelog.txt file and it'll point you to the directory location in the repository.

GeorgeS
08-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Got it working finally. I'll add the new table schema to the tool so you can add/delete bots as well as equip.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
08-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Finally added support for the new BOTS.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=176331#post176331

Since BOTS Schema is liable to change, I've made the program relearn the schema each time. PEQ rev781 database BOTS is supported.

This is a work in progress, features will be added.

GeorgeS