PDA

View Full Version : GM Notification from Quests

trevius
08-06-2009, 05:17 AM
It would be nice to have the option to use a command similar to quest::shout or quest::we that would be able to send the message only to players above a certain account status. Something like quest::gmmessage(<min_status>,<color>, "<message>") would be really nice. The main reason I was thinking about something like this is there might be certain events that you would like to know when they get triggered in real time without doing a server wide message. This could be used for hacker checks, or for quest rewards, or even just to notify when an event has started, in case it was an event you wanted to watch.

I am sure it would be pretty simple to add a command like this. I might do it sometime if I get time for it, but wanted to note the idea here as a reminder, or in case someone wanted to beat me to coding it :)

Kilralpine
08-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Its too bad there isnt a handle for npcs to use any #GM command :) - that would be flexibility!

gaeorn
08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
... or in case someone wanted to beat me to coding it :)

If I beat you, you will code it? Is that what you are saying? lol

cavedude
08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
The single command would be the best way to do it. However, you can also get this same behavior by sticking an if($status > 79) before when you need the message called.

Secrets
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I just coded this today. I'll test it then submit it (hopefully!)

Lillu
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
This is a very nice idea. Can't wait to see it in action.