PDA

View Full Version : Raid Bots Crash Zone

kofac
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
First off want to say I love the new bots there great :) would really struggle to live with out them lol.

Strange one this my server has been rock solid for months and months. But for the last several weeks its been very unstable and random crashes.

I have finally tracked it down to one thing Raid Bots. My server runs Peq Database 946 & EQ Bots 946. It works perfectly until I spawn Bots then put them into a Raid formation.

It makes not difference if I create a 7 man Raid so 1 full group and 1 bot or if I do a 30 Bot Raid. Its the same thing always happens and is easy to reproduce.

Basically it will either be ok for a few minutes and then Zone.exe crash or if I zone. It will sometimes zone once then if I recreate the Raid. I zone to a different zone and it will Zone.exe crash.

I am 100% confident its only when bots are set to Raid. As I have spawned 30 bots and zoned. Many many times respawning the bots each time I zone. With out one issue.

But as soon as I put them into a Raid it will zone possibly once then just crash.

It seems to only effect the new bot code. I could be wrong but it would make sense in my time line for it to have started at that point.

Anyone else having this issue ? also any suggestions in how to fix it please ?

laxative
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm having the same raid bots issue,

though I didnt hone in on it quite as well as you have.

I regularly run a 23 bot raid and just me.

Laxa

nosfentora
08-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I had a zone.exe crash yesterday w/ 1 full bot group (me + 5) - just did
#bot saveraid
then
#zone podisease

haven't had a chance to log back in and check if creating a bot group normally (#bot spawn x, #bot group add, etc) and then #zone crashes, or try to recreate crash. will try today.

PEQ 946 & Rev 965 / 966 (can't remember which one as i update daily).

kofac
08-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Ahh so I am not the only one then....

As a bit of an update my server has not had one zone crash last few days since not using Raid bots. Regular bots are fine just a case of no one on my server has used the Raid command.

If I get some time over the next couple of days I will do a clean install. On a separate PC with a new database. Just to confirm its not a PC or a database issue and post my findings...

pfyon
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM
I think WildcardX said he had raid bots on the backburner for now.

nosfentora
08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
could be right - i only used those #raid commands to save the group and make it easier to spawn.

so far haven't had any other crashes w/ bots in single group.

kofac
09-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Hmm yes defiantly seems to be related to Raid command somehow. I can not really test much more. All I know is it wont crash if I don’t use the command.

Problem is I we are currently relying on Raid bots a lot on my server. As we want to try and do Planar Progression plus some of the old Dragons etc. Also half way through SK Epic does not help lol.

But as soon as I spawn them there so unreliable, and the system will just crash out.

For now sounds like I have a couple of options…

Does anyone know if the bot code is hard coded to be a max group of 6 or would it be possible to change that to more. For example a change in the database would allow me to group with 30 in one giant group ?

Other thought would be can any one remember the last version of old bot code. Before it changed to the new. As I might revert back to the old bot system. Until the new bots can be sorted.

I love the new bots and the way they work in general. Would hate to go back to the older system. But if it’s the only way to Raid for some time to come. Then I think it might be my only option sadly.

laxative
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi,

Not sure if this will help with your issues, but I've calmed down my raid crashes to.. well none now that I do my modification.

I create my raid with #botspawnraid and #botgroupraid

then... I target my two wizards, and my chanter, and remove them.
#bot group remove

after that I raid away, and raid some more and I don't crash.

However when I do a /camp desktop or #zone anywhere zone.exe WILL crash. But at least I can keep the raid up in the same zone.

Laxa.

kofac
09-09-2009, 04:23 AM
That would help loads if it did not crash while in the zone. Last time I tried to Raid Woushi a while back. It crashed about 4 times pretty much every time I tried to attack him. Drove me nuts. Kinda given up on raiding until one of the devs have chance to look at them.

But I will give what you have posted up a try if it works. Then it will be a great temporary work around :)

kofac
09-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I gave it a shot but uncomfortably on my server as soon as my Raid bots finish grouping. It just crashes the zone.

Looks like I need to wait until they fix the Raid element of the bots.

laxative
09-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I gave it a shot but uncomfortably on my server as soon as my Raid bots finish grouping. It just crashes the zone.

Looks like I need to wait until they fix the Raid element of the bots.

My bots just crashed Karnor's even with the two wizards and chanter degrouped so I'm with you we gotta wait for some retooling.

-Laxa

Drakson
09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I have the same problem. After some testing, it appears to have something to do with the group_leaders table. Every so often I see an error in the logs on a zone or #bot spawnraid command saying it cannot find charid in table.

When bots are working, I can create a raid, check the group_id table and see my group (along with others). But I check the matching group_leaders table and I do not see my leader listed. But I DO see other bot leaders listed.

I am running 974, on the install I had to remove the DEFAULT value from the “`leadershipaa` TINYBLOB NOT NULL DEFAULT '' line to get the group_leaders.sql script to run. I am not sure this has anything to do with the problem, could just be a correlation.

Drakson
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Updated to REV 1008. Still an issue.

You spawn 1 or 5 bots (amount does not matter).
Group all bots
use #bot saveraid
use #bot camp or zone or /q
log back in
use #bot spawnraid
use #bot groupraid

When you zone, the zone crashes and client is disconnected (checking server I see the crash. But nothing else is in the logs).

WildcardX
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I wont be addressing any bot raid issues as I am about to begin the work of ripping out the botRaid object to use the standard raid containers instead.

You'll thank me in the long run.

Shin Noir
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I had a strong feeling you'd reply something like that wildcard. :)
what's your guess on the ETA for the massive rennovation? months? days? weeks? hehe.

WildcardX
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
I have more time for coding eqemu so I hope to begin working on it this weekend. I have no idea for how long I'll need to be code complete though on integrating bots into the standard raid system.

So_1337
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
You haven't been around on the forums any, but it's been nice to see your name in the changelog recently. You have a good mind for efficiency and organization. Your updates have shown you have a good idea on where you want to wind up and that you're moving steadily in that direction.

Sorry I've nothing to contribute other than an "attaboy", but you deserve one =)

Drakson
10-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I had a strong feeling you'd reply something like that wildcard. :)
what's your guess on the ETA for the massive rennovation? months? days? weeks? hehe.

Months... Days... Weeks... I am thinking hours! ;)

Take your time! Better to release good software late, then bad software on time. I fight that battle daily.