PDA

View Full Version : Feature Requests

AndThenWhat
09-06-2002, 01:15 PM
1) An upgrade feature/prog where you can autodownload the files you need for patching BEFORE you login. This is not mandatory, IMO, it would just be nice to have (since i can't play due to the newest EqLive patch :(

2) Server clustering! What if someday EqEmu becomes overwhelmingly popular? We would need a fast server or a cluster of them for the zones.

I'm not sure about #2 because i doubt it will become popular AND i know it might require a big overhaul in the code. Nonetheless, it's still a feature request :)

DeletedUser
09-06-2002, 01:46 PM
1) Can't be done, its illegal distribution.
2) Can be done, you need high bandwidth to transfer information in a very short time..

Nira
09-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I have no idea when / how / if these are possible, but I will put down what most of us probably want.

1) Random spawns, with AI / pathing
2) Spawns that drop correctly
3) Quests
4) A good DB for the above
5) Some servers so we can all play together

In my opinion, now that I can actually get my minilog running :D, being able to run around at level 60 with maxed everything, and kill Lady Vox without taking any dmg, it is fun, but only so much fun. Everquest shines in that it is a Multiplayer game , being with friends, questing to raise levels,getting that next best item, was fun and still is fun to me. If we all pitch in a little bit, we can make this the best emu there is.

Sooo....someone give me a task.

(Huh whats C++, that somekind of good grade?) Just kidding...

Trumpcard
09-07-2002, 11:20 PM
1) random spawns... done
2) spawns that drop correctly.. talk to lurker, im sure he'd love to have help setting up the loot tables..
3) quests... done (still working, right?)
4) good db... lurkers is awesome if you ask me...
5) servers... Can't help you here.. What ever happened to Eros?

Nira
09-08-2002, 01:21 AM
I have never seen "a snake" just wandering around in any newb zones, nor any skeles. Maybe I dont have the right db.

I still get low lvl mobs that drop 35k in plat

Its probably that I dont have correct db's

Where would I find the good ones?

Lurker_005
09-09-2002, 08:26 AM
Random spawns are in there, But pathing is not coded in the emu.

The coin drops are messed up, I havn't gone back and tried to figure it out yet.

Nearly all of the DB I released is based off the http://eqcollector.com/ and converted to be used with EQEmu Unfortunatly basing it off an existing and changing DB makes it hard to add other things :/ I do try to add things, and clean it up where I can, but I havn't started on the cleanup part yet.

And frankly the best way would be to edit the files from eqcollector and send me those. I could then attempt to maintain the differances form the originals. Actually any dupe spawns and such probably should be brought to the HQ messsage boards (http://www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=2f7291e845206fc7c59178689d5 0ce14) where they can try to fix the DB for everyone, and keep it that way.

Nira
09-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the reply Lurker...I can only imagine how time consuming your task is. Keep up the good work!

My only question...is pathing something that is "in the near future" or more down the road?

My thought behind this is...manage to get newb zones up first with wandering mobs (disable #level cmd and #summon cmd, etc) and let people actually level. Then you have time to work on the more advanced zones, mid level and up as people progress. I know there are a lot of zones and that is a lot to do...but its just an idea.

If there is anyway I can help (no EQlive account) I would be glad to do so.

devn00b
09-09-2002, 01:18 PM
there was some *Test* code for pathing once apon a time. however it was a *HUGE* cpu strain, and so was scrapped.

Nira
09-09-2002, 01:23 PM
*Ponders what the EQlive servers must look like*

DeletedUser
09-10-2002, 02:16 AM
All I know about EQLive is that they must have some form of 3D map that has default pathing that the NPCs follow.