PDA

View Full Version : #bot mana

Shin Noir
09-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Line 8341 or so in bot.cpp (search for #bot camp)

c->Message(0, "#bot mana - Report targetted bot's current mana.");

Line 8361 or wherever in bot.cpp
if (!strcasecmp(sep->arg[1], "mana"))
{ //Shin: Mana Report
if((c->GetTarget() == NULL) || (c->GetTarget() == c) || !c->GetTarget()->IsBot()) {
c->Message(15, "You must target a bot!");
return;
}
Bot* tBot = c->GetTarget()->CastToBot();
tBot->Say("Medding for Mana. I have %3.1f%% of %d mana. It is: %d", tBot->GetManaRatio(), tBot->GetMaxMana(), tBot->GetMana());
}

Guess you can go c->GetTarget()->CastToBot()->Say() instead of tBot->Say(), but, simple addition is very useful in my book!

Shin Noir
09-18-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure what the latest is with bots, but I'm writing a super simple single bitmask-var filter system for them. I may post it in another topic if you guys have interest in adding it. Being able to turn on/off roles of various bots will help them preserve mana by not doing silly things (like a wizard who INSISTS every monster should be snared even if they don't flee at low life, or a filter Heal Over Time casting on a cleric so you don't get that delay before raw heals if you want the cleric to be more serious about it, or an enchanter who thinks everyone should be illusioned as a scarecrow all the time).

Valdaun
10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
I just want to say I would be totally pumped to see both of these features make it in! My Shaman bot is driving me nuts going balls to the wall and OOM for even the simplest fight. haha And my Cleric loves to keep me hanging with the HoTs like you mentioned. :)

Ozium
10-04-2009, 09:55 PM
i would love to be able to tell that dumb healer just and only buff/heal party and do nothing elce.

Shin Noir
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah. My #bot filter thread suggestion would cover that Ozium, wish the bot guys would give me the thumbs up on it, I'd happily write it up.

It'd let you have a bunch of on/off switches on what you want your bot to do. It's pretty easy to implement + easy to track, in my opinion too.

I personally think giving the player generic options isn't going to really make the bots too powerful, but instead more customization and usefulness since you won't get aggrivated when the bot does a routine you don't like for your situation.

Instead of trying to "predict" what the player wants, give them limited simplistic control over what the bot can and cannot do.

Thinking about this, maybe i'll finish it up. If nothing else other server owners can implement it.

gaeorn
10-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I had a discussion with WildcardX a while back about the AI routines. They need a lot of work still. It would be great for people to contribute logic for classes/roles they are very familiar with. Based on Wild's plans, he wanted the AI to be role based. Eg: healer, tank, offtank, debuff, croud control, whatever. He had an initial list of roles on his blog. I like his general thinking, but felt that in the long run it would be even better to have finer grain control over the AI. Unfortunately, none of it has been coded as of yet.

I was going to work on the AI code for a cleric healer with some considerations for druid and shaman healers. In other words, it'd work best for a cleric, but would do a passable job for the other two major healing classes. However, I've been very busy in RL and haven't had time to work on this as of yet.

I would suggest that anyone who feels they know a role well enough to code AI for it, do so and submit it. Anything submitted is likely to be used, now or at some point in the future. I would just ask for patience as I know all of us devs have more to do than we have time to do it.

Shin Noir
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Okay, thanks for the heads up Gaeorn. I'll be working on #bot filter as a temp fix until we get a newer AI routine system down...

I'll also be going through and reviewing previous code to see what logic may need some patching.