PDA

View Full Version : Farscape has been cancelled

Windcatcher
09-09-2002, 05:58 AM
The word just came in Satuday...Sci-Fi has cancelled Farscape. For those not aware, it's been widely considered the best sci-fi show on TV, even better than Enterprise. There is a MASSIVE fan effort goin on at http://pub120.ezboard.com/ffarscapediscussionunchartedterritories to try to save the show, before they supposedly start destroying the sets on Wednesday. Apparently they're not the kind that can be simply folded up and stored; in the words of Ben Browder (the lead actor), they're set to "take the chainsaws to Moya". They're calling for any fans to call/fax/write to everyone involved, even to other networks to try to get them to pick the shpw up. If you're into the show, you might want to see what you can do...otherwise, the series will simply end...at the cliffhanger in the final season 4 episode. With time running out, snail mail won't get there in time so people are calling for telegrams and overnight letters at this point.

One more thing: for those of you still playing EQ Live, please GET THE WORD OUT. Point people to the link I have above (or tell them to search for "DARKSCAPE" in any search engine--it will get them to the forum) and tell them to HURRY. Time's almost up.

Trumpcard
09-09-2002, 06:23 AM
Seems kind of weird that the networks keep blasting successful sci-fi shows.. They recently announced they were cancelling WitchBlade also, which has been one of Tnt's more popular shows in awhile.

If it's popular, why do they cancel it?

Probably to put some new S.A. reality show on...

Schmuck
09-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Actually it has another 4 seasons I think. Cancellation is just a rumor. I don't wathc the show, but there was an article about a press release or something.

Hardy
09-11-2002, 11:48 AM
This should answer most questions so no one argues :) The official farscape website, which I hope you will believe....
http://www.farscapetv.com/

Don't wanna visit site? Here is a little quote from the site.
"The SciFi Channel confirmed that it will not pick up its original series Farscape for a fifth season"

jard
09-27-2002, 04:08 PM
It seems that alot of networks are down on sci-fi shows as of late even the powerfull Star Trek is not above the trend. The Enterprise site said that they would have major budget cuts and would begin using simple sets which would explan the 9-25-02 episode which took place almost entirely in a rural town. I quess reality and crime/cop shows are the in thing.

Windcatcher
10-01-2002, 01:02 AM
No skin off my nose; it simply means more time for me to work on my story. I refuse to watch that reality garbage. Farscape was literally the last TV show I was watching--my set has been off since they cancelled it. I get my news and weather off the net as it is, so TV isn't all that important anymore. Survivor? American Idol? There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make me watch those, sorry. It's not for lack of a good picture, either. I have a 36" Sony VEGA XBR TV, which is a 234 lb. paperweight now. They want to go to DTV and HDTV now...IMHO it's like putting perfume on a pig. I've got a whole stack of books that I've read and since forgotten; when I'm bored I pick one to reread.

The best bumper sticker I ever saw: "Fight prime time. Read a book."