PDA

View Full Version : zoneconvert - Zone-Based Batch NPC Editor

Shin Noir
10-05-2009, 09:27 PM
As title suggests, This is a NPC based editor for mobs. It still isn't in working order, but as I create this if anyone has any features they'd like to see in it, let me know.

The purpose is simple. You have a zone in an EQEMU database that has too weak monsters for your server. You want to change em all, but have no easy way to do this. My tool steps in, and analyzes the zone, seeing what mobs may or may not be tweaked. It generates a report, you review, you choose to apply it or not.

Right now it does a comparison of mob's HP to determine if they should be modified or not. If their HP is less than the threshold you specify, it will flag it for a modification and display the changes of it's stats. If their HP is significantly higher, it flags a "boss" status and decides to increase the monsters stats as if it's a mob 3 levels higher, and retains the high HP.

Tada, a quick and (relatively) easy zone converter for mobs.

Latest Source can be found here: NOTE: THIS SOURCE DOES NOT WORK YET. IF YOU DON'T KNOW PHP, I DONT RECOMMEND REVIEWING/USING... YET!
http://provztz.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/utils/zoneconvert/

You can right click these links and Save As... to a directory. Or you can view them in your browser. The config file is needed, this file will need to be edited by you to specify data you want, especially the database info.

That's about it.

Are there any other editors that do a feature like this?