PDA

View Full Version : Increased Spell Duration Question

mastajon
10-22-2009, 02:28 AM
So the spell effect Increase Spell Duration has been giving me an issue. It is increasing the the Discipline timer on some disciplines to be instant repop and/or stay up permanently. Is there any way i can change the disc it self to avoid this or how would i go about fixing this problem?

Shin Noir
10-22-2009, 04:08 AM
Uhh, I think effectid 311 will stop it (Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed) but not 100% sure.
edit: I peeked at source and I don't think this stops it. I'm not sure spell duration should be affecting combat abilities in the first place.. Does anyone know if on live you should be able to make Defensive discipline longer duration by focus effect?
That sounds wrong to me at least.

If you can, report the skill that is activating from the focus effect, I may peek around and see if I can find a fix.. (If nobody else replies with it). i'll give a day or two for others to check it out who may know more about this area. :P

mastajon
10-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Is there a list somewhere that gives me a layout of what each focus does or how it works? im kinda new to the spell editing thing.

Shin Noir
10-22-2009, 04:39 AM
Actually, I'm not sure there is. You can use various spell editors to get a brief description, but they aren't always very informative. EQ lucy has brief descriptions too (I google EQ lucy and lucy is always first result).

But I find the best way (if you know C++ at least a bit), I figure out the spell info via a spell dump program like spell convert (in utils of svn) then take that data it dumps and find the ID in zone/spdat.h to get the #define name, then do a solution search for that in the SVN source to see what areas of the code call it.

Yeah, a lot of steps, kind of annoying really.. But there's a lot of spell effects out there that haven't been implemented. (I keep adding (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29683) as I get [url=http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29688]time (]http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29684some[/url)), and some times they write a note about it, e.g.:

#define SE_MitigateDamageShield 305 //not implemented
#define SE_WakeTheDead2 306 //not implemented
#define SE_Appraisal 307 //not implemented
#define SE_SuspendMinion 308 //not implemented
#define SE_YetAnotherGate 309 //not implemented, spell 5953
#define SE_ReduceReuseTimer 310 //not implemented
#define SE_NoCombatSkills 311 //not implemented
#define SE_Sanctuary 312 //not implemented
#define SE_SummonToCorpse 332 //not implemented
#define SE_EffectOnFade 333 //not implemented
#define SE_PercentXPIncrease 337 //not implemented
#define SE_SummonAndResAllCorpses 338 //not implemented
#define SE_TriggerOnCast 339 //not implemented
#define SE_ImmuneFleeing 342 //not implemented
#define SE_InterruptCasting 343 //not implemented. % chance to interrupt spells being cast every tic. Cacophony (8272)

#define SE_Unknown352 352 //not sure. looks to be some type of invulnerability? Test ITC (8755)
#define SE_Unknown353 353 //not sure. looks to be some type of invulnerability? Test ISC (8756)
#define SE_Unknown354 354 //not sure. looks to be some type of invulnerability? Test DAT (8757)
#define SE_Unknown355 355 //not sure. looks to be some type of invulnerability? Test LT (8758)
#define SE_SpellOnDeath 365 //not implemented. casts base2 spell on the originator of the spell base1 % of the time when the person it was cast on dies. have to be >= max (level) for it to work?
#define SE_Unknown366 366 //not sure. assume it has something to do with Corruption, maybe counters? wasn't implemented until Serpent's Spine, so not a big deal right now. Corr Test 1 (9428)
#define SE_AddBodyType 367 //not implemented. adds body type of base1 so it can be affected by spells that are limited to that type (Plant, Animal, Undead, etc)
#define SE_FactionMod 368 //not implemented. increases faction with base1 (faction id, live won't match up w/ ours) by base2
#define SE_CorruptionCounter 369 //not implemented. wasn't added until Serpent's Spine, so we can't really do much w/ it
#define SE_ResistCorruption 370 //not implemented. ditto

there's a lot more.