PDA

View Full Version : Requests for those compiling.

Aspirax
09-10-2002, 05:52 AM
* compile with GCC 3.x!
(Again, I'm willing to offer a shell with gcc 3.x to do this)
* automake/autoconf
* -m486 is deprecated. Use -march=i486 or -mcpu=i486 instead.
* Header files will complain with gcc 3.x as being depreciated.

Trumpcard
09-10-2002, 07:49 AM
Ahhh, the memories...

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=980

Aspirax
09-10-2002, 07:53 AM
Oh shit.. that was in March.

Well, I guess the lead unix programmer (Kathgar?) isn't interested in GCC 3.x functionality.

However, he mentioned it was because he didn't have access to a gcc 3.x box. I've offered one (and patches now) so maybe we'll actually get to see this.

Can one of the devs comment?

Trumpcard
09-10-2002, 08:02 AM
Well, don't sweat it too much.. No one ever took me seriously anyways.

Also, everyone was still deep in 2.9x at the time, I was probably the only freak who wanted to use 3+ . (I am a performance/upgrade nut, if it can run faster, I damn well want it to)

Aspirax
09-10-2002, 08:08 AM
I'm always on the GCC bleeding edge.

When a new version comes out, I make sure my main projects work with it. And if they don't, I make them.

My main project (http://www.pendulus.org)

Trumpcard
09-10-2002, 08:14 AM
ahh.. It always goes back to the MUD's... I remember playing them back in 91' from a VMS account in between classes when I first started college. What a great time waster between classes. I wasn't like the hardcore MUD'ers who would blow off classes for weeks at a time to play. Probably one of the reasons I graduated and they didnt..LOL... Thank god EQ wasn't around when I was in school.

Very cool looking project ! Glad to have you aboard, you ought to jump on the development team, Im sure they'd love to have someone with Mud programming experience..

kathgar
09-10-2002, 10:48 AM
asp: I told you a shell would help =P

Aspirax
09-10-2002, 11:58 AM
huh.. i don't remember ever getting that message.

Let me hooks you up.