PDA

View Full Version : Rev 1038 - no npcs?

Valdaun
10-25-2009, 08:33 PM
I just upgraded my server to the 1038 binaries and SQL updates that Cavedude put up. The new bot code seems to be doing it's thing. Bots zone with me, save their buffs even when camping, etc. HUGE thanks for this, what a fantastic edition!

However, I now don't have any NPCs .... anywhere. lol At first I thought it was just my pet classes who are unable to summon their pets, but it's actually every NPC. I'm not sure where to look really, I was running 974 PEQ and upgraded by sourcing:

Rev1008.sql
Rev1038.sql
Rev1038-Bots.sql

Those all worked fine.

Here are the only things that jump out to me in the logs:

[10.25. - 20:05:20] Path File ./Maps/shadowhaven.path not found.
[10.25. - 20:05:21] Unable to load NPC data for pet SpiritWolf237 (NPC ID 549), check pets and npc_types tables.
[10.25. - 20:08:05] Unable to load NPC data for pet skel_pet_43_ (NPC ID 626), check pets and npc_types tables.
[10.25. - 20:20:13] Path File ./Maps/qeynos2.path failed to load.

I do not know if the path file error is new, I only have 21 .path files though according to that one about qeynos2.path, maybe the ones I have don't even work?

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts on what to check?

Valdaun
10-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Here are some results from in-game as a GM in Solusek B:

You Say, '#findnpctype nagafen'
32040: Lord_Nagafen
73058: a_priest_of_Nagafen
Query complete. 2 rows shown.
You say, '#viewnpctype 32040'
NPC #32040 not found
You say, '#npctypespawn 32040'
NPC Type 32040 not found

So those seem pretty odd. Like some commands can see the npc_types table but others can't?

Valdaun
10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
It looks like this is because I didn't run the full 100mb sql file overwriting the system databases. I had customized a ton of spawn timers and loot tables, added some NPCs, and tweaked a few items, so I didn't want to over write those changes.

I started with a full fresh PEQ 1038 database though and things were fine, so I will work on merging that full sql, or redoing my customizations.

Anyone have any general tips on how to handle that side of things?

Secrets
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
It looks like this is because I didn't run the full 100mb sql file overwriting the system databases. I had customized a ton of spawn timers and loot tables, added some NPCs, and tweaked a few items, so I didn't want to over write those changes.

I started with a full fresh PEQ 1038 database though and things were fine, so I will work on merging that full sql, or redoing my customizations.

Anyone have any general tips on how to handle that side of things?

Make SURE you have all required SQL update up until rev 1038.

EQEmuServer/utils/sql/svn/xxxx_details.sql

You probably are missing two table modifications for npc_types.

Valdaun
10-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Yep, those look like the two changes indeed!

I think I got everything fixed up now. Sooo cool on the bot zoning stuff, great work Wildcard!!!

I'll check out the svn source trunks next time to see if I can find just the table modifications, instead of relying on the PEQ specific ones. I just hadn't explored compiling the full source so I have been relying on their binary versions + db updates. :)