PDA

View Full Version : Spell Stacking

bad_captain
11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm currently working on a few changes in the BOT casting AI, and have a question about spell stacking. Is there any type of spell that is an instant type spell (duration = 0) that doesn't stack with another spell with a duration > 0?

I.E. is there a heal or a direct damage spell that will not stack with a buff, DoT, or debuff?

I looked on Lucy at most instant healing spells and nukes, but haven't found one that has stacking issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

KLS
11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Spells without a duration should not have issues stacking with others, if you wish to get stacking issues you'd have to add a secondary effect to them. Sony did such a thing with clicky Complete Heal.

bad_captain
11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks. That's what I thought, but I noticed possible issues with healing spells being blocked by regen spells (same effect - SE_CurrentHP I.E. There's an explicit check to see if two spells have the same effect of SE_CurrentHP with comments that say it's to allow Bots to cast a regular heal on top of a Heal over time spell). I wasn't sure if it would be possible to skip stacking (or overwriting) checks if the spell cast did not have a duration (assuming only one effect?). That might save some cycles.

I'm still trying to work through all of the spell logic, so I'm not completely in tune with everything that's going on.