PDA

View Full Version : Bots SQL

cubber
11-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Trying to load bots into a clean DB and getting the following:

If I use the load_bots.sql supplied with PEQ SVN 1038 I get the following error:

ERROR 1418 (HY000) at line 4 in file: 'player_tables/botadventuring.sql': This function has none of DETERMINISTIC, NO SQL, or READS SQL DATA in its declaration and binary logging is enabled (you *might* want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)

if I use the bots.sql file in the EQEMU SVN util/sql/svn folder I get the following error:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 74: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF NOT EXISTS `GetMobTypeByName` (mobname VARCHAR(64)) RETURNS CHAR(1)
BEGIN
' at line 1

Anyone know I can correct the PEQ one so I can source it in and get my new server rolling?

Thanks!

cubber
11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
I got it working, had to disable bin-logging in my.conf and restart mysql. Then I needed to change the load_bots.sql file from the PEQ SVN.

It comes like this:

source player_tables/botadventuring.sql;
source player_tables/botbuffs.sql;
source player_tables/botpetstatepersists.sql;
source player_tables/botinventory.sql;
source player_tables/botgroups.sql;
source player_tables/bots.sql;

However that will not source properly because botadventuring.sql needs the bots table in the eq database. Which does not get generated until bots.sql is ran. So I needed to move the bots.sql line to the top, like so...

source player_tables/bots.sql;
source player_tables/botadventuring.sql;
source player_tables/botbuffs.sql;
source player_tables/botpetstatepersists.sql;
source player_tables/botinventory.sql;
source player_tables/botgroups.sql;

Then all worked fine.

Nightlord
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for this cubber ... we were having problems with zone crashing each time we tried to request an adventure. It must have had something to do with the bot code and the LDON adventures and how it may not have sourced properly. When I changed the source order to the one you posted it works fine now. We can request and accept adventures with another player or with a bot now. :grin:

Finding and posting fixes like this can save others so many headaches!

cubber
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Your welcome Nightlord. I try to make it a habit if I post a question on a form and find the answer myself I post the resolution, instead of leaving a unanswered question lingering around forever.

I am glad it was of use to you, hopefully the file can get fixed in the next svn release of PEQ.