PDA

View Full Version : Buffduration Values?

Burningsoul
11-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I'm working on a x5-ish type server, trying to boost Evasive and Impenetrable's longevity. The Wiki's entry for buffduration is empty, and PEQ's DB has a value of 2 for Impenetrable. What does this equate to in game time, and how long would bumping it up to 3, for example, make it last? I want it to last longer but something extravagant like an hour.

Also, I can't seem to locate Destructive Force on the spell list, but I'm guessing I should look in AA_Actions. Is there a listing of ID's to which class and what ability they are? Can't seem to find that either.

Edit: Checking my SoF client out, after doing #traindisc 80, I don't even have Impenetrable listed on my monk, is there an easy way to add it? (With limited knowledge of sql)

Secrets
11-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm working on a x5-ish type server, trying to boost Evasive and Impenetrable's longevity. The Wiki's entry for buffduration is empty, and PEQ's DB has a value of 2 for Impenetrable. What does this equate to in game time, and how long would bumping it up to 3, for example, make it last? I want it to last longer but something extravagant like an hour.

Also, I can't seem to locate Destructive Force on the spell list, but I'm guessing I should look in AA_Actions. Is there a listing of ID's to which class and what ability they are? Can't seem to find that either.

Edit: Checking my SoF client out, after doing #traindisc 80, I don't even have Impenetrable listed on my monk, is there an easy way to add it? (With limited knowledge of sql)

You need to add in a spellfile that has the effect. Buff durations are 6 seconds, just like a tick. That can be configured in the source, I think, I forget what handles ticks though.

As for the x5 aspect, I am working on a new iteration of x5 with Drakkie, and I am curious as to why you are not re-writing avoidance entirely? Personally, I see no point in avoidance unless it is 100% chance, but that's me. Especially within a x5 environment; a lot of the source is not written around x5 stats, or anything like that. Take a look at the current x5 server; avoidance is out of whack.

Burningsoul
11-15-2009, 12:18 AM
You need to add in a spellfile that has the effect. Buff durations are 6 seconds, just like a tick. That can be configured in the source, I think, I forget what handles ticks though.

As for the x5 aspect, I am working on a new iteration of x5 with Drakkie, and I am curious as to why you are not re-writing avoidance entirely? Personally, I see no point in avoidance unless it is 100% chance, but that's me. Especially within a x5 environment; a lot of the source is not written around x5 stats, or anything like that. Take a look at the current x5 server; avoidance is out of whack.

Thanks for the info! In regards to buffduration, right now impenetrable shows a value of 2 in the DB, which would be 12 seconds. When I use #castspell 6880, it lasts 30 seconds so I'm still confused on the timescale there. I'll dabble around and see what I can learn. As for everything else, my knowledge of the code is minimal at best. All the things I've edited thus far are with the help of GeorgeS's tools, and lucky guesses when modifying some things in the DB. As for re-writes, I simply lack the knowledge. I'm attempting to create a hybrid of a few of my favorite servers which aren't around anymore, and the Evasive/Impenetrable aspect comes from ZarnBarn - they had 5x the duration of the discs, which I will now try to adjust thanks to your explanation.

Right now what I'm working on is for my roomies and I to play on until I can get it where it feels "right", so 5x helps since bots are still somewhat buggy and crash-prone.

I was unable to look into the X5 server, I have the DB set up but I have no idea how to manage a diff file within windows, (I can compile, but haven't done enough research into diff files) so the client will not connect to the server.. or maybe I overlooked something.