PDA

View Full Version : Spawn editor freezes on Save

ChaosSlayerZ
11-18-2009, 06:58 PM
George, I am using your latest copy of npc editor with build in Spawn editor.

When I change something (anything) in the spawn editor and click SAVE - its lights up as "saving" but never returns from this action, and just freezes.

I am on remote connect to the Db right now, is it possible that spawn editor save requires some sort of special access permission?

NPC editor itself works fine- creates new npcs, alters them, copies etc.

GeorgeS
11-19-2009, 11:22 AM
The save part should never say 'saving' - there's no code for that.
There are sql UPDATE statements that itterate through a recordset line by line and I think it just takes a while. Sometimes these are slow due to the "live" nature of the recorsdet and running over a line.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayerZ
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
by "saving" I mean- when you click on SAVE - it turn BLUE- and stays that way for at least 12 min =) after that I just shut the program down =)

the previous version I used was from may revision and that one was saving in under 15 seconds

pfyon
11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
If you're making changes to a live database (ie in use when you're working on it), it might be slow because you have multiple queries running at the same time.

After reading this article (http://tag1consulting.com/MySQL_Engines_MyISAM_vs_InnoDB) on MyISAM versus InnoDB, I have wondered why all the eqemu tables are default MyISAM instead of InnoDB considering that InnoDB uses row-level locks whereas MyISAM locks whole tables when updates are made.

ChaosSlayerZ
11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
well I have edited living (running) server Db before- and there was no difference in update between running and non running server.

I just tried using Item editor over remote connection- and it goes into "thinking" when I try to do anything and never recovers from it.

On local connection- even with running server, it only takes 2-3 seconds to make a new item
on other hand- the NPC editor works fast enough - all updates are only 5-6 seconds slower than on local connection

Lillu
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
yes, I can confirm this, and I would really appreciate if Georges could look into this.

Georges = our heroe! :)

ChaosSlayerZ
11-20-2009, 06:45 PM
as a side note, if you could tell us how to make item copy manually- like with insert statement? I tried and kept getting something like serialization error?

EDIT: it gives a warning that serialization value was out of range and was adjusted, but item is still created. I am willing to go ahead and make items like this if necessary, just want to know if there is any side effects to this serialization warning?