PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Familiar bots killing mobs instantly!

cubber
11-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Every time a mob is within melee range of my wizard bot's familiar it insta kills it. And I get

"Mobname has been killed by Wizname's Familiar!"

I have only tested this with a level 65 wizard bot. But it happens every time I bring the mob over to the familiar. If I get enough dmg in I will get exp and loot, otherwise the familiar kill steals it.

Using Rev 1049 with PEQ SVN and all updates.

Kaain
11-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah bots still have issues. The wiz pet was noted back about 3 months ago...

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29155

WildcardX is overhauling the bot AI I think, and Bad_Captain has been trying to improve the healing AI...

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=181137#post181137

If you feel comfortable making code changes he has some diffs and cpp changes posted for testing.

WildcardX
01-08-2010, 03:23 AM
I have tried many times and in as many ways as I can think of based on the information you provided and just can not get any wizard familiar of any bot wizard to attack anything. All it does is flap!! lol Until I can reproduce this issue, I have to conclude that this is somehow a server config specific issue. What database are you using when this happens and what rev of the server software did it happen on? Maybe tell me what zone you were in and maybe even a coord in the zone it happened at? What mob the familiar went after? Maybe have any log entries that captured this event?

WkimWes
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I have tried many times and in as many ways as I can think of based on the information you provided and just can not get any wizard familiar of any bot wizard to attack anything. All it does is flap!! lol Until I can reproduce this issue, I have to conclude that this is somehow a server config specific issue. What database are you using when this happens and what rev of the server software did it happen on? Maybe tell me what zone you were in and maybe even a coord in the zone it happened at? What mob the familiar went after? Maybe have any log entries that captured this event?

Actually have witnessed this happen when I used 1052 0.8.0. However something has changed and it hasn't happened in awhile.

prickle
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
yup... definitely happens with Rev 1052. Get a mob within melee range of a wizzie familiar and it will mow that mob down. Pretty easy to replicate when fighting "giant" mobs like wurms and giants...

cubber
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
This seems resolved on rev 1086 as well.

prickle
01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
sweeeeeeet!