PDA

View Full Version : Grid Editor issues

ChaosSlayerZ
11-29-2009, 10:16 PM
George, I have noticed that latest Grid Editor missing some of the key features of the old stand alone editor:

-once you load grid for a given zone, you cannot re-load it without closing the editor and opening it again
-the editor always opens up on the zone which is somehow related to the npc you were last editing, without giving me any choice to select a different zone

these 2 issue are really annoying =)
I hope you could make it more like the stand alone editor

thank you!

ChaosSlayerZ
02-14-2010, 06:46 PM
**************************** Bump =)

GeorgeS
02-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Sorry, missed the earlier post. I'm working on it now.

GeorgeS

Akkadius
02-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Just for some moral support you are awesome Georges.

Me and Trevius were talking about the propagate feature: and we thought it'd save a lot of time for people if you were able to make a feature that were to take an entire column and be able to *,/,-,+ by whatever value. Let me know if this is something you can do or not with your time.

Thanks again man.

GeorgeS
03-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Latest release has the update as requested by ChaosSlayer

Grids are pretty much standalone as before (but still integrated into NPC/ loot editor)

Webpage will be updated once I get to it, but the download is for the recent version.

GeorgeS

George, I have noticed that latest Grid Editor missing some of the key features of the old stand alone editor:

-once you load grid for a given zone, you cannot re-load it without closing the editor and opening it again
-the editor always opens up on the zone which is somehow related to the npc you were last editing, without giving me any choice to select a different zone

these 2 issue are really annoying =)
I hope you could make it more like the stand alone editor

thank you!

GeorgeS
03-04-2010, 12:04 AM
..just added the ability to ADD/SUBTRACT/MULTIPLY and DIVIDE selected fields by a value and % chance (for NPC&LOOT editor)

You cannot use non numerics and divide by 0 of course.

This was added as a request.

Again, dl the recent versionof NPC&LOOT editor to see these features

GeorgeS

trevius
03-04-2010, 12:42 AM
BTW, the post from Akkadius was probably meant for this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24741&page=10

As it isn't related to the grid editor at all.

It is actually something I mentioned as a request for doing instancing in this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28536

This is the original mention of the scaling:

C. Field for setting the level difference for the new zone from the one being copied. This field could either have positive (add levels) or negative (subtract levels) values put into it. When the new copy is created, this is a flat number that all NPCs in the zone will have added or subtracted from their level setting in the original copy. So, if all of the NPCs in the zone are level 20 and you set this field to 10, all of the NPCs in the copied Version of the zone will be level 30 when the copy is created.
D. Field for setting a percentage increase/decrease for Min/Max hit if the current value of the NPC is > 0. I think the default for this field should be 100, meaning that the Min/Max hit would be the same for the copy. If this field was set to 50, all NPCs in the copy would have 50% of the Min/Max hit of the NPCs they are being copied from. If this field was set to 200, all of the NPCs in the new copy would have double the Min/Max hit of the original NPCs, and so on.
E. Field for setting HP/Mana to a percentage of the original NPCs being copied. This would work the same as the field for Min/Max hit and default would also be 100 for this field.
F. Field for setting all remaining stats (STR, STA, Etc, Resists, Attack Rating, Accuracy, Etc) to a percentage of the original NPCs being copied. This too would work like the Min/Max Hit field, and Default would also be 100. Of course, if any of these fields are set to 0, they remain 0 after the change.

Basically, I think you could do something similar to your "Propagate Field" function, accept this would take the current stats in the selected field and modify them by X amount. It would have the option to divide by, multiply by, add, or subract, and then you would just set the number you want to multiply/divide/add/subract by from the original value of each field of all NPCs in the zone/instance.

I don't really know how much of a pain that would be, but since you already have the queries to get all of the NPCs in the zone, I think the scaling function could just be a fairly simple query like:

UPDATE npc_types SET hp = hp / X WHERE id=(NPCID Here);

Also, if you have spare time, there are a few more new fields that might be nice to have in the NPC Loot Editor. Here is a list of some of the new ones I wouldn't mind seeing:

maxlevel
prim_melee_type
slow_mitigation
maxlevel
scalerate
armortint_id

And these are not as important IMO, but would still be nice to have at some point:
sec_melee_type
armortint_red
armortint_green
armortint_blue
adventure_template_id

Other than all of those, the facial feature fields could probably be added as well, but to keep the table view from your tool from getting too bloated, maybe a popup window for setting facial features would be useful.

Really, the tool is great as it is and I still use it all of the time. None of these requests are really required, but if you felt like doing some, that should be enough to keep you busy a while :P

Your tools have saved me tons and tons of time while making content, so as always, thanks!

GeorgeS
03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I meant the +/-* function applies to the npc&loot editor, not the grid editor.
So you can do as you mentioned before. The simple math is applied to the sql as you described to npc's in your search criteria.

GeorgeS

btw- other fields can be added - I'll look into that later

trevius
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks as always, GeorgeS! You must have posted that reply as I was writing my post up, lol. So, I didn't know you had already done that :D

I will definitely be checking out the latest version tonight! This will be extremely useful if we ever need to do mass NPC balancing due to combat code changes or if we want to scale difficulty up or down. That is just awesome :D

BTW, by not being able to use non-numerics, do you mean that only integers will work, and decimal values don't? I can always test it out later, but figured I would ask.