PDA

View Full Version : 3ds Max Tutorials

RichardoX
12-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Does anyone want these? I can make some quick decent video tutorials for 3ds max and photoshop to make pro-zones. I've become very sufficient in mapping textures to terrain and making nice roads, trees, plant life, etc.

Darkriderone
12-18-2009, 03:30 AM
I am always interested in tutorials, just if nothing else to see how someone else does it, and maybe it can help make my workflow faster. I don't have access to 3dMax $$$$$, I use OpenZone, Blender, Daz Studio, and Gimp.

RichardoX
12-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm going to remake my 3ds max + photoshop terrain basics tutorial. I should have it done by today. Once I get it done, I'll host it and put it up in the tutorials section.

The first tutorial will include making a snow terrain zone with a walkway going through it and I'll show how to make it look really nice and update the texture live. After that, I'll show how to make trees, foliage and other structures with 3ds max.

RichardoX
01-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Unfortunately my OpenZone won't compile so until then, I have to wait on these tutorials. Also, I found a very nice way to generate a height-map like texture base for photoshop. This "REALLY" simplifies making terrain textures and blending them well together (like making a texture transition from stone to sand or dirt/grass.

Darkriderone
01-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Oh, that would be something neat to see.