PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: spell ID out of range

sacredabyss
01-02-2010, 03:44 AM
I keep getting this error when I try to scribe spells into the spellbook.

I have substituted the spell_us.txt which have all the spells up to level 89 included into both EQ and EQemu folder, and I have tried #scribespell (level) and #castspell (ID) command, but the spell function still doesn't work. now nobody (incl. npcs, mobs, players etc.) in my server can cast any spells. :confused:

Does anyone have any idea to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

jkennedy
01-02-2010, 08:15 AM
sounds like you spell file in your emu folder is corrupt or just not transferred correctly download georges tools and get the spell importer

he can be found at the forum page in development

pfyon
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I think that's related to limitations in the titanium client. Any spells over id 9999 (I think) aren't usable by titanium, but are by SoF clients.

Also, pretty sure eqemu uses the spells table now for the server, so you'll have to import (assuming you didn't just export it) that spells_us.txt file into it before your server knows those spells exist.

sacredabyss
01-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Loaded DB.INI
Connected to Database OK

SPELL TABLE contains: 14799 spells
SPELL TABLE contains: 215 FIELDS!

spells_us.txt contains: 14799 SPELLS
spells_us.txt contains: 215 FIELDS!

Looks like SOF compatible!

Everything Appears OK!

Exporting file..DONE!
Exported file as 'spells_us_NEW.txt'

Importing File:Wiping Table...Done
Importing text file...Done!
----------------------------------------

I tried both importing and exporting the spells_us file with Geoges tools but the error persists, is there anything else I can do?

PS: this error popup for ALL spells, even level 1 spells, not just 75+ spells.

Akkadius
01-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Titanium client does not support spell ID's over 10,000 so everything will either show up as unknown or won't show up at all.

AndMetal
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
This is the code that generates that error message:

zone/client_process.cpp (http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/zone/client_process.cpp?r=1085#1129)

if(!IsValidSpell (http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/zone/spdat.cpp?r=1085#455)(memspell->spell_id))
{
Message(13, "Unexpected error: spell id out of range");
return;
}

Since you can't even #castspell, my money's on the spells not being loaded. If you turn on logging for SPELLS__LOAD & SPELLS__LOAD_ERR in your log.ini file, it should give you some more insight.

trevius
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Hmm, I was working on some spell related stuff today for the first time in a long time and just realized I am getting this exact error as well lol.

My cleric is buffed with and has memmed some unknown spells in both Titanium and SoF client. When I try to have him remove the spells by clicking to unmem, zoning, using #nukebuffs, etc, it has no effect. If I try to have him mem a new spell or do anything spell related, it basically bugs the client so that I need to relog. I also tried having him unscribe all spells and de-level to level 1 and then zone and the unknown spells stayed scribed.

I tried another couple casting chars I had and they seemed to work just fine. I also tried making a new cleric and #leveling him to 75 and scribing his spells and he seemed ok. So, it appears to just be an issue on my 1 character. It might be due to whatever buff he has on, but since #nukebuffs doesn't break it, I dunno. We do have quite a few custom spells on my server, so that may be the cause somewhere somehow. I will look into it further later and see if I can figure out exactly what is causing this. I bet it resolves your issue as well.