PDA

View Full Version : You can't spawn a bot you don't own

Randymarsh9
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I keep getting this message after I updated my server to the newest revision. Bots were working fine before then, so I'm wondering is there an sql I need to use as well other than the botsgroup thing?

WildcardX
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
What are you doing to get this message? Please provide detail otherwise your asking me to read your mind. :-)

Randymarsh9
01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Oh, yeah just trying to spawn a bot. Like I tried spawning a bot I had before the update and it said it. Then I tried spawning a new bot I made, and it also said I didn't own it.

WildcardX
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm going to cry for you...

Please provide the precise command you are typing lol

And for the sake of sanity, maybe you can look at your bot table and verify the bot in question has the same character id in its botownercharacterid column as the one you are trying to spawn it with?

Does this same bot appear in your "#bot list" results?

Randymarsh9
01-08-2010, 05:29 PM
OK I'm just doing #bot spawn 2

The bot's BotOwnerCharacterId is 2 which is also the id of that character in the character_ table

an yes, when doing #bot list it names this bot

WildcardX
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Please read the changelog.txt file for r1077 :-)

Then try this:

#bot list

Notice there isn't a bot id listed anymore, per the changelog.txt file for r1077.

Next, try this:

#bot spawn BOTNAMEGOESHERE

Please do not post about a bug that it can not find a bot named "BOTNAMEGOESHERE".

Randymarsh9
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh I see, you have to do #bot spawn name now.

prickle
01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
makes bot spawning a bit more "intuitive". Unfortunately (for me), that means I need to go change all of my bot spawn hot keys...

on the up side, I noticed there are botgroup save, camp, and spawn commands now... should make life a bit easier to spawn in raids :D

bad_captain
01-11-2010, 11:49 PM
I updated to current revision of code and DB. I am having this problem, but have also gotten it to work.

I can create a BOT with a single name 'Joe'
#bot create Joe 1 2 male

I can then spawn him
#bot spawn Joe (I like this better than the IDs, but need to redo my macros)

But, I get this error if I name my BOT with a first and last name
#bot create Joe_Bot 1 2 male

I try to spawn him
#bot spawn Joe_Bot
#bot spawn Joe Bot
#bot spawn Joe

All give me the 'You can't spawn a bot you don't own.' error.
He is in the database, and shows up in the #bot list as Joe Bot. I know things were a little wonky when I used the underscore before for bots names, as the group window would show the name as JoeBot, but the list would show Joe Bot, so it's probably something like a string compare issue before or after the name has the underscore stripped from it. If I had the time, I'd try and find it, but work is a bit busy to start the year.