PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create new bots

prickle
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
I've noticed that I am unable to create new bots with Rev 1085. The following are the steps that I take to reproduce the bug:

1) Issue the bot create command:
#bot create <random bot name> <random class> <random race> <random sex>

2) Observe "The name <bot name> is already being used. Please choose a different name."

Names I've tried:

CHShaman
RotoTank
Blah
Blahb
TestingBot
Test

When I first encountered this error, I searched my database for the names I was attempting to use (CHShaman & RotoTank) and neither of them were to be found in any form in the database. That's when i tried other names that were definitely not in use.

After I compiled Rev 1085, I sourced in 1057_titles.sql (upgrading from Rev 1052), 1077_botgroups.sql, and bots.sql.

After looking at the bots.cpp file, I checked my database and verified the following tables exist:

vwBotCharacterMobs
botgroup
botgroupmembers
vwBotGroups
botbuffs
botpets
botpetinventory
botpetbuffs
botguildmembers
botinventory
bots

It's possible I've done something wrong again... but from looking at my database it seems everything is the way it needs to be. So, any assistance in helping me get this fixed will be greatly appreciated.

provocating
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Same exact problem for me, in addition they do not follow after zoning.

I am using last nights CVS 1052 and the newest database, as far as I know I am patched up completely.

provocating
01-10-2010, 01:25 PM
And I am looking, this could be the problem with the bot naming error.

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/detail?r=1083

provocating
01-10-2010, 02:54 PM
A fix mentioned in my thread.

The issue with getting the 'Bot name is already in use' message may be a case sensitivity thing on Linux.

The query that is being used to check if the name is available is:
Code:

SELECT COUNT(id) FROM vwbotcharactermobs WHERE name LIKE '%s'

But the view name is actually mixed case:
Code:

CREATE VIEW `vwBotCharacterMobs` AS ...

You could try changing the query on line 928 in bot.cpp to:
Code:

SELECT COUNT(id) FROM vwBotCharacterMobs WHERE name LIKE '%s'

and recompiling.

prickle
01-10-2010, 03:13 PM
yeah, I saw that bit in the bot.cpp file, but didn't bother with editing and recompiling that when I first encountered the error. I'll try it out and report my results...

I'm not sure what to tell you about your bot following issue, mine seem to be functioning fine with 1085. So far, the only issue I've encountered has been the #bot create thing.

provocating
01-10-2010, 03:15 PM
I am almost 100 percent sure something is borked in my database. I need to know where to look though.

prickle
01-10-2010, 03:54 PM
yup.... changing that one line definitely fixed the bot create bug for me.