PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor Not Working

jetstrike
01-16-2010, 01:53 PM
SO I downloaded the item editor as well as the odbc drivers and the tool to check and make sure it works. I installed the drivers restarted my pc and ran the checker tool and it showed everything as working so I ran the item editor and it comes up to the screen that has an option to turn music on/off and i click lets start and the music wuits playing and the program diappears and is not even a running process anymore. How can I fix this?

GeorgeS
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
The music option may be deleted in the next version because of incompatibility with win7 and xp/vista.

Is it right you cannot get it to work at all (with or without music)?

If that's the case, I'll post a fix after your reply.

GeorgeS

jetstrike
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
It doesnt work with the music on or off.

aronnov
02-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Same problem for me. screen pops up. I hit get started.. and the screen goes away and nothing happens. a ny luck getting this to work?

aronnov
02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Alright I got it working. I had to register the .ocx files found in the resources folder when you download the item editor.

i couldn't automate it so i had to do it manually.

open up a command prompt and change the directory to the resources folder

once inside that directory just type these 4 commands 1 at a time. hitting enter after each line:

regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

problem should be fixed.

I still can't get any items added to my empty slots. if i can equip the item though it'll add it. just wont put it in an empty slot in my inventory. I still have to manually edit the DB for this right now. this version of the tool appears to be for older versions of the database and isn't updated. but still lets you do a couple things.

GeorgeS
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Actually let's make it clear - this does work for current databases. You drag on the icon and drop into an empty slot to equip - there's not been a change to the character schema in ages.

GeorgeS

aronnov
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Actually let's make it clear - this does work for current databases. You drag on the icon and drop into an empty slot to equip - there's not been a change to the character schema in ages.

GeorgeS

touché

you are correct. I guess it would help if i knew what i was doing before i typed. works perfect!