PDA

View Full Version : Macro World Editing

Bardboy
09-16-2002, 02:18 PM
I found this nifty little Macro program. It's very easy to use and works well with EQW.

Macro Express (http://www.macros.com/)

If anyone is interested in sharing macro's, you can import them easily. Here is a link to my "Zone" macros.

Just install and run Macro Express, then run my file.
To access the zone menu in game press <CTRL><SHIFT>Z
You can select the zone from a popup menu. (saves a lot of typing)

My Zone Macros (http://webpages.charter.net/Boblavallee/fIles/EQMacro3.mex)

I'm working on some macros that will allow you to spawn zones more easily; read, write and merge to .SQL files.

Let me know what you think about my "low tech" World building solution.

DeletedUser
09-17-2002, 06:24 AM
Edit:
oh.. this is for eqemu, thought it was something else, sorry. ;)

Bardboy
09-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Here are some pictures. I hope they will generate some interest in creating macro's for easy editing of the world, while in game!

I would like to use C++ but, I am not nearly good enough - so I thought this might be a better solution for those that wish to see their changes to the world in real-time.

Example of zone menu (http://webpages.charter.net/Boblavallee/images/eqmenu1.JPG)
Zone Example 2 (http://webpages.charter.net/Boblavallee/images/eqmenu2.JPG)
Spawn Macro Example (http://webpages.charter.net/Boblavallee/images/spawn1.JPG)

corun
09-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Would be interesting if this macro program would create new records in the database for stuff I put in the game.
But spawns in all zones are pretty acurate in the latest DB anyway.
What is missing is the loot from the NPCs, quests, keys dont work, and other such things.
And zoning is quite fast with #zone zonename. Actually, the #zone command shouldnt be available to the casual player anyway in future (more complete EMU) versions.

Can there be subtrees in that popup dialog?
Everything in one list wont be possible :)

At the moment I dont really see much use for this program except for people that dont want to use the extented DB and are building their own world with different spawns.

And I doubt the macroprogram would be flexible enough to customize every aspect of a spawn. Like respawn time, loot, special attacks, faction and so on.

I rather see a specialized program like the EQEmu Admin Tool that is available already but with an easier interface (less DB stuff), where you just click through menus. Maybe the interface is easy already, I havent used any of the recent versions.

I had an UO Sphere Emu server that had a nice admin tool a few years ago.

Bardboy
09-18-2002, 02:39 AM
I too would like to see a program for direct editing while in game, however, I am not a programmer. I am taking some college classes on C++ but it will be sometime before I could even attempt something like that: though I would be happy to assist anyone that would like to undertake such a project.

I wanted to share the macro program with others like me, that were tired of having to look up all those commands and then type them manualy. I hope the program provides, at least, another world-building tool; and perhaps, inspires someone to build a better utility.

TheClaus
09-18-2002, 03:09 AM
Would be interesting if this macro program would create new records in the database for stuff I put in the game.
But spawns in all zones are pretty acurate in the latest DB anyway.
What is missing is the loot from the NPCs, quests, keys dont work, and other such things.
And zoning is quite fast with #zone zonename. Actually, the #zone command shouldnt be available to the casual player anyway in future (more complete EMU) versions.

Can there be subtrees in that popup dialog?
Everything in one list wont be possible :)

At the moment I dont really see much use for this program except for people that dont want to use the extented DB and are building their own world with different spawns.

And I doubt the macroprogram would be flexible enough to customize every aspect of a spawn. Like respawn time, loot, special attacks, faction and so on.

I rather see a specialized program like the EQEmu Admin Tool that is available already but with an easier interface (less DB stuff), where you just click through menus. Maybe the interface is easy already, I havent used any of the recent versions.

I had an UO Sphere Emu server that had a nice admin tool a few years ago.

Actually you would be surprised what macro express can do. I am not saying it can do everything under the sun but I think I could make it to input spawn, loot, and other things into a txt file for you to source into a db.

Bardboy
09-18-2002, 05:53 AM
That is what I'm talking about!
If you could show me some examples of how to do that, it'd be great!

The idea I had in mind was to spawn creatures by zone, using the "npctypespawn" command, then write that information to a text file for that zone, (i.e. Blackburrow.sql) in the correct format to merge into the existing spawn table: However, I don't know if Mysql will support editing on the fly in that way.

Somehow the macro will have to continue to append records to the new table until a process command is executed and the data is merged/imported.

If anyone has downloaded and tried the Macro set I've already created, you'd see that there is potential here. The program does have some limitations however, (i.e. limit to number of items in popup menu). I have just begun to explore the program; so I still have lots to learn.

TheClaus
09-19-2002, 02:20 AM
Hmm that would mean that I would have to actually get back into running a server. Give me a day or so to setup a server and i'll see what I can do Macro Express wise. Last time I setup a server I couldn't access it through eqemu.net login. I hate to do mini-login but if it works then no big deal.

Bardboy
09-19-2002, 07:17 AM
The Claus,

Thanks bud!

I would be willing to do some of the grunt work of data entry, if I thought anyone else would be interested in using it.

TheClaus
09-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Well it would be good for people wanting to create a world other than standard EQ. That is what I would see it used for.

ldrakken
09-20-2002, 03:30 AM
Currently the 3.6 DB spawns only creatures that do not roam. When they will fix the DB to spawn everything for you then that will be nice. Until then if someone can create a Macro that will spawn the roaming creatures that will be nice. What I was wanting to do is use the EQ admin tool to try to find the roaming creatures and tell them not to roam, but I have found no way to do that. I was hoping if I could tell them not to roam then the game would spawn them. If anyone has any ideas how to go about fixing that let me know. Once they get the creatures spawning correctly then fix the loot drop with them. I know eqemu has a long way to go to be finished, but every little bit helps.

Trumpcard
09-20-2002, 04:20 AM
Well, considering the code doesnt make them 'roam' as it is, shouldnt be too hard to implement...

I wouldnt cross your fingers for wandering mobs anytime soon, once all the major bugs are worked out, then everyone can sit down and come up with a good solution, but until then, be happy that you can meditate in peace that an orc pawn isnt going to accoust you...

TheClaus
09-20-2002, 09:48 AM
The thing is with every patch new bugs come in. I just never see pathing or roaming coming in as there will always be something to fix.