PDA

View Full Version : Problem

ryder911
02-24-2010, 01:36 AM
I am running windows 7 64bit - and every time I try to register the files for the tool by running that bat I get errors. Anyone experience this and have a fix?

ryder911
02-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Also I have tried doing them manually still getting an error

nenelan
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Not familiar with Windows 7, but I know in 7, you had to allow permissions for that folder, or run as Administrator. Could it be something along those same lines for 7? Another issue was having to unreg then rereg when you ran it, by altering the .bat for it.

trevius
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I had the same problem on Windows 7 64 Ultimate. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly what it was that I did to fix it. I think I tried running as administrator and that didn't work. Then, I probably ran the .bat from the command prompt and watched the errors and googled them to find the answer. I do remember it took me a while to figure it out, though. It was probably some kind of permissions problem or setting I had to adjust to run them.

ryder911
02-24-2010, 04:50 PM
So I got the tools running had to copy the files into syswow64 folder - but now everytime i try to bring up merchant editor the tool freezes - anyone experiencethis?

nenelan
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Depends.

If you are running it on your own box it should hang, a small amount of time, while it populates. Lots of merchants, lots of entries. A little patience should solve it.

If you are attempting to edit merchants for a system other than your own, forget. Takes WAY WAY too long for it to populate, and longer even to save. Just not worth the hassle, have the server owner edit merchants.

GeorgeS
03-04-2010, 12:10 AM
As Nelelan mentioned it checks the npc merchants integrity first. In all likely hood, I can remove this as a default and it will speed things up.

Let me know if I should - not sure if others are experiencing the same issue.

GeorgeS