PDA

View Full Version : combat anomaly (ver 2.2)

Baltar
02-07-2002, 05:22 AM
I noticed when I first started the server fighting skills would go up normally but after a while they would stop changing. This would happen with absolutely brand new characters. I thought this was a database issue so I created a brand new database and the fighting skills still did not progress. I can't remember which version this started happenning in. Anyone else have this problem?

Baltar

Baltar
02-07-2002, 05:57 AM
After reverting to 2.0 the combat code returned. In the later version 2.1 2.2, when I started a new character and tried to kill something by punching it to death, I would always miss. The could be daunting for a brand new character. After reverting back to 2.0 however, the combat code returned and I could punch in combat as before and the skill advancement returned as well. Is there a reason why punching combat was removed in the later versions. It seems almost an essential element (considering the fact that most characters begin with no weapons)

Baltar

Drawde
02-07-2002, 08:02 AM
I found you need to target yourself and type "#setskill 0 1" to be able to hit anything in combat (regardless of level and weapon).
Skill 0 should be 1-handed slashing weapons, but you seem to need to set this to 1 regardless of the weapon type.
On the subject of starting items, would it be possible to program the emulator to give new characters their starting items (tunic, club/rusty sword, and level-1 spells)?

alkrun
02-07-2002, 08:10 AM
Yeah Drawde, that would be possible. Just need to figure out how best to do that. Is it something that should be hard-coded or should we add a table so it can be easily changed?

Baltar
02-07-2002, 08:18 AM
#setskill 0 1 still didn't work for punching. (perhaps it's a different stat?)
as for beginning equipment, I think it should be in a table cause you never know when you might need to change stuff around.

Baltar

Drawde
02-07-2002, 08:19 AM
I suppose a table would be the best system, not only would it be easy to change, but also if people in the future want to make EQ "mods" using the emulator, with modified classes/races, etc., customisable starting items would be a good idea.
You could probably have a table with an entry for each class (1=warrior,2=cleric, etc) with a list of items, e.g ("INSERT INTO startitem VALUES(entryno,itemno,quantity)"

Baltar
02-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Found out the hand to hand combat skill was defaulted to 0. If I set it to one through eq admin it worked fine. Is there a way to do this in game? Also if people wanted to make there own custom races, I think making an initial skill table would be helpful as well.