PDA

View Full Version : Possible to get level 85 spells with titanium?

aronnov
03-10-2010, 02:37 PM
is there a guide or anyone with some good instructions on what i can do on my private server to get level 85 spells? I have my own private server and use a Titanium client to connect.

nenelan
03-10-2010, 07:01 PM
About 1/4th of the way through the level 70-75 spell set, the spell ID number breaks 10000. Titanium does not have support for spell IDs past 9999.

trevius
03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
The Titanium spell file ends around spell ID 8400ish. So, that leaves about 1500 or so spell IDs that you can use to move all of the 71+ spells into. Using Notepad++ and maybe Excel, you can edit the spell file and find all player spells after 8400 from an EQLive spell file that includes all spells. Then, copy all of the player spells past 8400 and put them into your Titanium spell file and make sure to change all of their spell IDs to be between 8400ish to 9999. Then, import that into your server spells table and finally make sure that all clients on your server also use that same spell file so the server and clients will match.

If you used the SoF client, this wouldn't be an issue, as it is not restricted to spell id 9999 or less like Titanium is.

nenelan
03-10-2010, 08:45 PM
However, if you do what Trevius suggests, and the spell has a recourse, or casts another spell, or calls another spell, your zone WILL crash unless you update that as well, as it will be pointing to a spell that either A) doesn't exist or B) it can't access.

aronnov
03-11-2010, 10:55 AM
any one have an updated spell file i can use or have?

Taurinus
03-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Another thing to be careful with is item to spell dependency. (i.e. worn effect, focus, clickie effects). You also have to take into consideration the npc spell lists so that you don't have an orc oracle halting progression through Crushbone after somehow having learned Ice Comet. :grin: There are probably other things that aren't coming to mind right now, but those things listed are sure to ruin your day.

If it wouldn't be such a boring drag to players, you could actually save an immense number of spell IDs by scaling a level 1 spell all the way to level 85. I suppose that concept could be enjoyable if you scaled the boring spells (aka heals, buffs, damage shield etc) and recycled the IDs you just freed up and made some sweet custom spells out of them.:grin:

Does spell scaling even work that well? Well enough to do the above?

nenelan
03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
If you were clever with the formula on the spell, you could.

Secrets did some wonderful scaling based not on the spell, but on your stats, but you would have to do a custom compile with your own, or copied, formulae for that.