PDA

View Full Version : Bot picklock

Eva Aisling
03-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I am standing right on top of the door in City of Mist and clicked off levitate. No matter where on the door I stand, my rogue bot will not pick the lock when I use #bot picklock command. I get no message from using the command. Please tell me what I might be doing wrong.

I am using EQEmu-Rev1180a-Bots

#bot corpse summon and #bot ressurectme are not working for me either...

I was in the same zone as my corpse, had myself targeted when issuing the commands, and had a cleric and a necro bot in my group. I also tried targeting my corpse and issuing command. Necro says "Attempting to summon %t" but it never happens. Cleric doesn't give a message.

kofac
03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Not sure on the Summon & Res commands. But I do agree #bot picklock does not work.

I had same thing in Seb with the locked door in there. I had the Rogue bot stood right in the door and it still would not open.

In the end I had to GM myself to open the door.

Eva Aisling
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
What is the GM command to open a door please? I don't see it in wiki list.

steve
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
#gm on
Click on door
#gm off

Eva Aisling
03-17-2010, 11:51 AM
The cleric bot does rez. I was just spelling "resurrect" incorrectly. :oops:

Still no picklock or corpse summon, though.

Congdar
03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
i have a working fix for picklock that I put together yesterday. i'll look at corpse summoning and probably check them in together.

Congdar
03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
try r1287
target yourself for summon corpse
target the rogue for picklock

kofac
03-19-2010, 05:10 AM
Great thanks Congdar I will get that compiled after work and try the picklock tonight :)

Eva Aisling
03-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Yay! Thanks a bunch! I will try it out today. :D

Eva Aisling
03-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I was supposed to source 1280_bot_augs.sql, correct? It was the only new files I had in my sql > svn folder after updating server files. I sourced that file and went to city of mist to test and it's still not working for me.

To try and pick lock, I stood on top of that door that acts as a lift to take you to reaver room, targeted my rogue bot, and typed #bot picklock. Nothing happened. If I try the picklock command without the bot targeted, it does say "You must first target a bot!". I tried several places standing on the door without levitate. I have not tested it on a normal locked door yet.

I killed myself to test corpse summon, targeted self, and typed #bot corpse summon. My necro bot says, "Attempting to summon %t's corpse.", casts a spell, and nothing happens. I left my corpse there in case there was anything else you would like me to try.

This is the same result I was getting before sourcing in the new file. The source gave me updated lines with no errors. Could there be something I am doing wrong?

EDIT: I just updated my server files again and there was another file added. You guys must stay busy! The last time I updated was when I made that thank you post!

EDIT: My server files updated to rev 1290 this time. I sourced 1280_bot-augs.sql again and sone lines were updated. I checked the log and it said "picklock and summon fixed", but I tested and results are the same as before.

Congdar
03-19-2010, 11:13 AM
not sure what to tell you, i tested the sebilis door and the city of mist lift and they both worked for me. The lift was harder, had to move around to the right place before it worked. Same for summon corpse, worked for me. The cast time was the full 5 seconds and then the corpse showed up at my feet. tested both titanium and sof clients.

kofac
03-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Piclock works for me to. Just compiled your code. Went to Seb and summoned the bot to centre of the door and bam it opened. Tried it sever times.

Not to great on COM but if its the Black Reaver door I opened that with a bot with no problems to.

The key is to stick your nose into the door before you summon your bot to the door.

They have to be almost inside the door for picklock. I think its always been that way.

If there is another door in COM you want me to try I am more than happy to see if it works.

I never tried summon corpse.

kofac
03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
OK just tried Necro Summon Corpse..That worked to as Congdar says it cast the spell and the corpse did come to my feet :)

Eva Aisling I suggest you might try to re-compile the code see if that fixes the problem.

Not sure if its any help but I am running SOF Client and my Server that runs PEQ is Windows XP.

Congdar
03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
for picklock, it's more about where the rogue bot is standing... not where you are standing. Use #bot summon on your targeted rogue bot to move to a new spot and try again.

Eva Aisling
03-20-2010, 10:30 AM
I tried compiling using a guide here and tried picklock again last night and it worked with the rogue bot standing on the center of the CoM lift. However, corpse summon still did not work for me. I guess I'll read up on wtf compiling does and maybe gain some insight.

I tried getting a coffin, but that didn't work. I removed the need for reagents from some spells, including summon corpse. Would that have any effect on the bot's use of that spell?

Congdar
03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I removed the need for reagents from some spells, including summon corpse. Would that have any effect on the bot's use of that spell?

probably not, but you could put the reagent back in and see if it makes a difference

Eva Aisling
03-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Nope. Did not make a difference. I even created a new database and sourced in a fresh compilation and it still doesn't work for me. Odd.

Oh well. Thanks for trying to help, guys!

pfyon
03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Compiling is different than sourcing in a database. Did you compile using visual studio (or make for linux) then run the new executables?

Eva Aisling
03-20-2010, 04:25 PM
I used visual C++ express edition to compile and used the guide here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008.
Then I created a new database in mysql and sourced in the files according to instruction here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ
Then I sourced in the updated files in the sql > svn folder. (1280_bot_augs and 1290_optional_exp_loss_rule)

I don't know what compiling does in depth. I just followed that guide. I think it translates the source code into a code useable by mysql and updates the files you include in the compilation so that you may source the new information into mysql. Does it update your database in mysql automatically? Or are you still supposed to source in the updated files after compiling? Because I still sourced in the updated files after compiling.

Dunmord
03-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't know what compiling does in depth. I just followed that guide. I think it translates the source code into a code useable by mysql and updates the files you include in the compilation so that you may source the new information into mysql. Does it update your database in mysql automatically? Or are you still supposed to source in the updated files after compiling? Because I still sourced in the updated files after compiling.

The basic idea is:

To compile is to translate a human-readable language(C/C++ in this case) into a machine-readable language (computers do not understand anything but 0s and 1s).

MySQL is nothing but a huge structure with allot of data in it. It does the organizing for you and helps you read/modify data with the MySQL "commands".

C/C++ uses a "connector" to obtain the data from MySQL and do whatever it wants with it.

Eva Aisling
03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
When I made a test database, I noticed that the spell effect of my necro bot was different. On my test server, black particles come off the necro's hands while trying to summon my corpse. On my original server, white particles rise from the necro bot's hands. The spell effects are totally different.

My original server was made using the pre-compiled source from projecteq. My test server was made after compiling my own source.

ArkR
03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I compiled todays source and my 52 Necro bot doesn't sucessfully corpse summon me in Cazic Thule. It's unclear to me if regent is supposed to be required? He sits down every time I ask for him to cast it though it gives casting spell message.

Congdar
03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
using 1309 i set myself to 52 and ran as far into cazic thule i could get and died. zoned to entrance of cazic thule and summoned my necro and #bot corpse summon worked. All I can think is that maybe your necro is out of mana. try #bot mana

ArkR
03-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Odd, I'm now using http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/files/EQEmu-Rev1316-Bots.rar. Level 58 SK now, just tried again in Chardok B, my necro is at full mana and casts spell but corpse never gets summoned. I can summon my own corpse no problem. Is there a regent check on spell he is failing? Something in our databases different?

Congdar
03-28-2010, 05:28 PM
no reagent check for bot spells, not sure why you are having this issue.

EDIT:
i did get it to "work" or not work as it were. anyway... if i have GM Invulnerability turned on then the corpse doesn't get summoned. Turned it off and my corpse gets summoned. If you have invul on then that's it. There may be another GM setting that also causes the corpse to not get summoned so turn off GM defenses and get your corpse summoned.