PDA

View Full Version : adding to database

lulu
09-17-2002, 04:23 PM
there is no post or readme for this i dl.ed the database and i ran the install bat for the new3.6. to do it do you use mysql.exe and type in use eq then source
name here .sql or is there a another way to do it cause i have no items or spawns ect..... i cant seem to find a step by step or anything.

corun
09-17-2002, 09:07 PM
it seems not all of the sql's are correct. At least it did'nt work for me.

Here's what I did.
(I have all sql files in my mysql\bin directory: db.sql, items.sql and the sqls from the DB addon)

I suggest you delete the eq database with the winadmin programm you created it with and in the same step create a new one.

Then start mysql.exe from the command line.
> use eq
> source db.sql;
> delete from items;
> source hq-items-3.6.sql;
> source hq-spawns-3.6.sql;
> source hq-books-3.6.sql;

the magelo items do not work for me. Maybe someone knows if theres some kind of problem with it.... I am a newbie myself :-)

Still, I got the spawns working that way and there are only some high lvl items missing (most likely those are part of the magelo DB)

hope that helps

lulu
09-18-2002, 05:04 AM
ok i will try it thanks i will tell you if it works or not how come there is no sticky on how to use the data base files?

Lurker_005
09-18-2002, 06:46 AM
All DB files are just test files with mySQL commands on each line. "Using" them is just standard mySQL commands to load them into a database. The readme tells how to load it, if you want further information, read the mySQL documentation.

Zanwar
09-18-2002, 09:13 AM
what do you mean Delete from items??

corun
09-18-2002, 10:05 AM
that deletes the records in the items table so the mess is gone and then you put a working version in the table.
(everything in my post with a > in front of it is a sql command that you have to type in like I put it here)

Just enter the commands like I said and it should work. I played around with the magelo.sql a bit but I can get it to work. Whatever I try. magelo alone, magelo and hq-items, magelo and items. No combination works.

So you just put the hq-items data into the items table and it works like intended.
You will be missing a few high end items that I have seen working on other servers but they dont show a graphic anyway.
And a full equipped warrior that looks like hes naked because the graphics dont show up sucks hehe

So I think we just wait for the next release which might work with all items and graphics. .... hopefully.....

steihl
09-26-2002, 10:57 AM
Howdy..

I've tried moving characters through zones, and creating my own items, completing EACH record set for the items and all the options, and what not, and I get a Dataset not in insert mode, or something close to that, however, I can bumb stats and what not. Anyone know whats up with this?

Windcatcher
09-27-2002, 12:39 AM
Try hittng commit changes 2 ot 3 times in the admin tool. That usually resets the database to a known state that the admin tool will like. The problem has been around for a LONG time...