PDA

View Full Version : Quest updater - Clickable Response text

kameko
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a small program I wrote that will update all your quests to allow you to click on response text instead of having to type it in and trying to guess the correct phrase to type.

I also replace the quest::say() with plugin::Whisper as well to make the NPC chat a little easier to read.

All the source code and a debug and release executable are included as well as a README file. Please check this out and let me know if you like / dislike this.

This isn't perfect, and I will need people to test it out for me and let me know of any problems. That said, I highly recommend you backup your quest directory. I have not had any problems with this, but I haven't tested it extensively either.

http://tigerstudios.net/QuestUpdater.zip

Please let me know what you think. I am happy with it so far, I hope you are too.

Michael

kameko
04-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to add that I have discovered the saylinks my program inserts into
the quest files are not fully compatible with Titanium. In game you may see
four or five leading zeros in front of the saylink. It still works just as it should,

I will be working on cleaning up the code, and making a change to fix this compatibility issue this weekend.

If you are interested in this, or have tried it out so far can you please give me
a little feedback. I'd like to hear from anyone who wants to try this out.

I am using it myself and am very happy with the changes it makes ingame.

Thanks,

Michael

Shayne
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
does anyone still have a link for this?

AudioGarden21
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
does anyone still have a link for this?

I know it's a bit late, but I recently started over with a fresh database and realized saylink broke all my quests, so I scoured around my PCs looking for the Quest Updater and managed to find a copy.

Download Quest Updater (http://www.mediafire.com/?o0o9c3q65p2gn3j)

Figback65
06-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Figured out why on titanium it adds 0000's to the link in titanium. I dunno how to change it with the program but manually in the scripts you can change each one.

Adds 0's
quest::saylink("Off");

No 0's
quest::saylink("Off", 1);

Whatever was in the program that made the change effects varlink also so item links also have 000's and I dunno where to fix that.

EDIT: Note this is based using a Titanium Client on a Titanium Server. Other clients on a titanium server may need more work. (Untested)

Figback65
06-16-2013, 05:42 PM
ok I was wrong, with the change it still happens but it is rare instead of every time. 1 of ## hails to a npc with chat that has links in it got the 0000's